LCGB AGM ref BLOA

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Nic

Ooops, police are investigating my insurance claim....
Nic

A miracle I tell you: my scooter collection has been found safe and sound. Praise be!
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

mr frankland when you say you dont have an answer to which question or point do you refer?

if you just thought it would be nice to use the "badge" again do you refer to The Mike Karslake BLOA logos if so why did you apply trademark the lambretta lion logo , this has widespread and logstanding use it is not redundant as you suggest the BLOA logos are.

As for where i came from its not hidden , its a county in England part of Great Britain, you know a place where freedom of speech ,sense of justice and fairplay are amongst its values , values i thought i was upholding when i served an fought for it in the Gulf War in 91 .
So id like to stick around and get some answers if i may , i havent resorted to personal attacks , raking up ancient history or being evasive or wishing others would go
If people are charging money for items or services or events there certain consumer rights that come into play and one is that the person has a legal right to sell such goods . i dont particularly want to buy something dodgy off anyone , be that LCGB or Facebook BLOA.

to paraphrase A Few Good Men "we want the truth " "some can't handle it"
Last edited by wintermod65 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

Don't lower yourself nic, those scooters was not insured. To have 18 or so lambrettas disappear from 2 desperate garages is not a matter to take the p155 out of. How would you like it? Luckily against the wishes of my miss I put it on the internet and the buyer who paid £1500 for the lot told the police. Yes my fault for being 6 months behind with the rent but it takes all of this level to the gutter if you think it's funny.
Gavin J Frankland

Wintermid65, the trademark paperwork was a bit of a cock up. The trademark is for the bloa name, it wasn't supposed to be for the concessionaires lion as in the discription. I did try to change it but I couldn't do it so it was just left. I did write to them and as far as I'm aware it was removed. Still visible I think this end but not there's. The last paragraph I'm lost. I served in the 91 gulf war but it wasn't what you say, Kuwait owed Iraq money and they went in to get it.
Gavin J Frankland

I don't get the Facebook bloa. Is this another club? I've read it a few times on here, it just BLOA. The shield is under copyright as you know so there's nothing dodgy there, quite official really. The lion will never happen, Lambretta licensing owns that.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:32 pm . I've also just had someone say call it new bloa, which thinking about might work. It worked for the LCGB jetset. It's an idea.
rosscla wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:17 pm Surely the if it was necessary to break the association with the heritage and in order to avoid all this nonsense the word 'new' could have been added to the name ...? think New Labour / New BLOA..
If it puts an end to this debacle then - you're welcome...
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

thank you for your answer and clearing that point up ,ive used the term Facebook BLOA to distinguish it from the previous incarnation of the LCGB as the rights to the name are in dispute , i didnt wish to associate a persons, eg your name with it so as to avoid personal attacks as they dont get the debate any further forward.
Im afraid the wheels of goverment turn slow and it still shows on your application with the IPO online. some agencies have a target to answer letters sent to them an can be as much as 28 days, i was a civil servant with a Dept transport agency 2005 - 2013 so have some knowlege of this.

yes i did serve in the first gulf war, i have the campaign medal with clasp with my name rank and service number on it which say i did, i didnt say anything else about the history of what precipitated that conflict just i was in it.
my point is some people are trying to silence those that ask questions not to their liking, it strikes me that those who volunteer to put themselves in harms way for the benefit of that country should be able to exercise free speech in that country.
although all scooter theives are beyond scum , id look to the middle east and sharia law for an answer to scooter theft ,bloody difficult to use a twist grip gear change with no hand !! .
i wont comment around the circumstances of your misfortune regarding the loss of your collection as i know nothing about it apart from what was in the article in the liverpool echo online ?.
i dont think this is the right place to make certain allegations surrounding your loss, trademark law is complicated enough without adding libel into the mix as well
as ive repeated ,personal attacks do the person making them a discredit and diminishes the points they are trying to make and we're then not likely to get the information we seek as the discussion breaks down into a slagging off session .
Last edited by wintermod65 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Look, I'm sick of seeing threads that I have no interest in whatsoever .........................................

........ so can someone please remove the Vespa sections.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:46 pm Don't lower yourself nic
He’s doing all that very well. His public rant on someone he regarded as a good friend, because they had different views on this issue, was nothing short of shameful.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information