LCGB AGM ref BLOA

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I am the father in law of the soldier who was killed by terrorists in London,Lee Rigby.When it happened the Sunday Mirror needed a photo of the murdered soldier,so we gave them one that has been hanging in our hallway of Lee in full dress uniform,this photo we have had since the passing out ceremony at Catterick.When the original photographer saw it he demanded and was paid substantial damages by the Mirror group and was paid loyalties for every image that appeared,he never had written copyright.
Last edited by HxPaul on Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nudger
Main scooter: Li 150 Special

HxPaul wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:14 am I am the father in law of the soldier who was killed by terrorists in London,Lee Rigby.When it happened the Sunday Mirror needed a photo of the murdered soldier,so we gave them one that has been hanging in our hallway of Lee in full dress uniform,this photo we have had since the passing out cerimony at Catterick.When the original photographer saw it he demanded and was paid substantial damages by the Mirror group and was paid loyalties for every image that appeared,he never had written coyright.
Your post stopped me in my tracks and I'm sorry you've had to use the terrible events of what happened to your Son-In-Law to explain something on this site. I'd suggest to all following this thread that we leave it now for the solicitors to sort out or take the discussion elsewhere. Best wishes to all your family Paul.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

I agree Nudger.
The questions have been asked and ignored for long enough and either we can all guess the reasons why if we're clued up on the issue.
The rest of the observers can wait, I am quite sure there'll be an end to this sorry debacle very soon now.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Steveshipley wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:29 am
well then Mr Donnie, what about the monkey selfie. he didn't get to keep the copyright did he. judge ruled the other way 😁😁😁
timexit17 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:35 am The Judge ruled that copyright could only be held by the human species.
Would have been fun had he ruled t'other way though!
Precisely :lol: :lol:
Donnie.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Unfortunately, I will have to lock this topic down, as complaints have been made by an LCGB committee member regarding posts contained within. Because the complaints refer directly to inferences the complainant felt were being made against the LCGB committee, I must assume this is a formal complaint by the LCGB committee as a whole, but that is (at this stage) as yet unclear. But as it has also been indicated that there will be a further follow-up complaint made directly to Mortons Directors, I will have to lock this topic down, until that communication has been completed.
Regards, Dan
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information