LCGB AGM ref BLOA

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

Morality is a very subjective topic the issues at play here may leave a bad taste with some quarters and admiration in others .

if we wind the thread back Dans comment may have a telling point regarding the trademark classes ,

LCGB may have continued sole ownership of the logos especially if they then trademark them for classes that cover the range of merchandise they sell . but mr frankland may be awarded ownership rights to the name for the purpose of a club .

some may not like it ,agree with or condone it but its one outcome thats possible and then what ?

im beginning to think as this goes on mr frankland is getting stuck between a rock and a hard place,
the LCGB and its determination to preserve its heritage and rights to names an logos associated with it on ones side and the potential backlash from the coaltion of the dissaffected on the Fcebook BLOA side if Mr Frankland comes to an arrangement With or defers to the LCGB .

Mr frankland hasnt aquired rights to the use of the Mike Karslakes designs , his trademark application was for the use of the words British Lambretta Owners Association and the Lambretta Lion logo

to which he answered the attempt to trademark the lion logo was in error and he has contacted the IPO to amend his application when this dissapears from the IPO Trademark application this can be verified
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

mick1 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:05 pm It does seem strange that GF hasn't posted copies of forms/letters that show he is the owner of the BLOA name/design/logo/etc.
but you could also say the same on the LCGB side nobody has produced theres either only verbally just the same as Gavin
the man don't give a f@@k
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Nudger wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:28 pm
Doom Patrol wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:33 pm Can you just clarify what you mean by the vast majority? I don't remember being consulted.
Your reply Doom Patrol to my suggestion you go to the AGMs:
To be honest with you I'm not that bothered. I'm not particularly interested in the minutiae of running a club or back slapping awards. I don't compete and don't even do rallies, and sometimes wonder why I'm in it at all. It was just idle curiousity, I suppose.
Your point being? I shouldn't have to go to the other end of the country and spend a long weekend with die hard LCGB supporters who are only going to vote one way, and in any case who I probably have very little in common with, judging by some of the sentiments expressed here. That's another issue. And, in fact another thread. The fact remains that the first I'd heard of all this was when BLOA was plastered all over FB.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

GTFOMWSC wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:22 pm
mick1 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:05 pm It does seem strange that GF hasn't posted copies of forms/letters that show he is the owner of the BLOA name/design/logo/etc.
but you could also say the same on the LCGB side nobody has produced theres either only verbally just the same as Gavin
They did so in the recent copy of Jetset -there were several extracts of logos and wording, some in Mike Karslakes own writing and verified by his solicitor (who still survives). The onus is very clearly on Gavin to provide his evidence currently.

On your point DP -not everyone who goes to LCGB AGM could be described a s a 'die hard supporter', a case in point being Kev Walshs proposal where the room was probably split 60/40. It does stand to reason that those going support the club per se however. I think the point being made was that the AGM is the place where it's possible to propose and support changes, nowhere else, if you don't go there then you can't really complain.
GTFOMWSC

timexit17 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:27 pm
GTFOMWSC wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:22 pm
They did so in the recent copy of Jetset -there were several extracts of logos and wording, some in Mike Karslakes own writing and verified by his solicitor (who still survives). The onus is very clearly on Gavin to provide his evidence currently.

On your point DP -not everyone who goes to LCGB AGM could be described a s a 'die hard supporter', a case in point being Kev Walshs proposal where the room was probably split 60/40. It does stand to reason that those going support the club per se however. I think the point being made was that the AGM is the place where it's possible to propose and support changes, nowhere else, if you don't go there then you can't really complain.
yes but that's not on here though why doesn't someone show that here? the non members of LCGB don't get jetset so can only go on peoples word.
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

timexit17 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:42 pm This is just my 'take' and I am not a lawyer, although I have some experience in some of the legal aspects herein as a long standing company director.

Gavin has the IPO application for class 44 of the trademark.
This isn't copyrighting per se and doesn't cover the logos at all.
In fact he has attempted to register the lion on a shield logo and not the BLOA logos.

Mike Karslake owned the logos since he designed them -in copyright law the originator always has copyright s/he made and doesn't need to register them.
My expertise is in published works (which may or may not be similar to imagery) this declares a 70 years after death limit before originator copyright expires, so, in fact, it may well be that no application for copyright is even required since it is still the gift of Mikes estate that is in effect.

My understanding is that Gavin has applied for the mark to use the name BLOA, and nothing else.
He has not trademarked or applied for copyright of the BLOA imagery.

The dispute is both on the use of the name and the use of the imagery, one of which is arguable the other of which it is very clear he cannot use.

Just my opinion however, alternative opinions will be available!

List of affiliated clubs? Not sure.
There are 98 currently affiliated however, I know of around 20 personally whom I have friends in.
just for accuracies sake its a class 41 application : education training sporting and cultural services .

44 is medical services mind you that could have some strange consequences !

the Jetset article has been posted on here earlier as was the letter sent by the LCGB although taken from The Facebook BLOA page
Last edited by wintermod65 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
timexit17

lol thanks WM
timexit17

GT -the entire article from jetset was reproduced by Nic on page 4 of this thread.
Nudger
Main scooter: Li 150 Special

Doom Patrol wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:26 pm
Nudger wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:28 pm
Doom Patrol wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:33 pm Can you just clarify what you mean by the vast majority? I don't remember being consulted.
Your reply Doom Patrol to my suggestion you go to the AGMs:
To be honest with you I'm not that bothered. I'm not particularly interested in the minutiae of running a club or back slapping awards. I don't compete and don't even do rallies, and sometimes wonder why I'm in it at all. It was just idle curiousity, I suppose.
Your point being? I shouldn't have to go to the other end of the country and spend a long weekend with die hard LCGB supporters who are only going to vote one way, and in any case who I probably have very little in common with, judging by some of the sentiments expressed here. That's another issue. And, in fact another thread. The fact remains that the first I'd heard of all this was when BLOA was plastered all over FB.
My point being if you want to be consulted then go to the AGM, get involved and listen to what people have to say & then vote. It was not held at the other end of the country and it's not a long weekend, just a day. Not all members there were die hard supporters either.
GTFOMWSC

timexit17 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:47 pm GT -the entire article from jetset was reproduced by Nic on page 4 of this thread.
just had a quick scan of the hand written stuff and that says reserved not applied there's a difference i think.By what i only quickly looked at there's no copyright applied only reserved is there any documentation of it being actually applied?
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information