LCGB AGM ref BLOA

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

I have heard the transcript of the AGM and have also seen the paperwork, now I would like to get my case over. It's best written down in black and white rather than hearsay.
I will put down what was said first at the AGM and then my reply, this should keep it straight and hopefully not confuse many. I don't want to go on and on so it's just a short reply.
1- British Lambretta Organisation- Not a good start, it's British Lambretta Owners Association.
2- Steal our history- I have said time and time again, I've stolen nothing. Lambretta concessionaires owned the name and in 1965 changed everything about BLOA and closed the name. It was then called LCGB and run by a new team, after a disastrous year the concessionaires pulled out altogether and left the LCGB to stand on its own. So basically the firm that owned the name wiped there hands clean of it.
3- Copyright and Imagery is not owned by the LCGB, there is no legal records to prove this, it was handed over with the LPS name. It was used for a charity event with the wishes of Mike. Now, people that were really close to Mike have joined BLOA and support the club, do you think if all what's said was true these people would be behind BLOA? Products have only been for sale recently from the LCGB when all of this started. Shields were remade by other scooter dealers and sold by them.
4-If you read Mike Karslake book "Nostalgia" the history of BLOA is all in there, there is one line about the LCGB name change. Nothing was mentioned about passing things over to the original club, and also when the new club was started there was no mention of BLOA being part of this. This is why I can't see how people can say that the new LCGB has history with BLOA. There is no record of this, I have yet to see anything remotely that can give rights to this claim.
5- BLOA is not a scooter club-BLOA is a scooter club, why say it isn't? It's not full of people against the LCGB, why would it be? We have many original members from the 50's and 60's that have never been part of both LCGB clubs. Why disrespect them?
6-BLOA has not got a copyright- Yes it does,This is why it couldn't be explained at the AGM. On that day they knew the IPO had thrown out the case for copyright and trademark on January 11th 2018.
7-BLOA is only a business to make money for personal gain- No money has been made and is not a business. I have put a lot of money into this and have successfully put BLOA back on the scootering map. It is not to compete against any other club. I arranged all the rallies making sure they did not clash with no main clubs events or rallies.
8-BLOA is registered with companies house and my wife and mother in law run the business- BLOA is not registered with companies house, nor do I have a wife or mother in law and neither fictitious people are employed by BLOA.
9-I'm doing this just to line my own pocket- Every single action I have done has come from my own pocket, club membership and age related service is to claim back what has been spent and to help build the club for future events and permanent establishments. This part is also for building and running the scooterist museum.
10-We sent out numerous letters, on a softly softly approach- My only letter was from the solicitors about the IPO. My return letters was not full of hate or dismissing anything. I would like to see these letters that were supposed to have been sent to me.
11- On the internet saying that Kev had said things and backing me up- Never has this been said, where and why say that I am a liar?
12-I called people horrendous names- really? to who and where?
13-£20 a ticket, then charging extra for camping,custom shows etc- £20 is a weekend members ticket, non members can come but will need to pay for what ever they do, this is not rocket science. It is what every members rally does.
14- Letter form Derry Kunman claiming he is backing up the LCGB- I'm yet to see this letter, he mentioned nothing of this the other week when I was with him.

So basically I can pull apart every single sentence that has been said about me and BLOA. All of my replies I can back up with documents. It is quite bad that a committee can rally up people at an AGM and reel of lies about a club and a person, and also discredit my good name . They have not one piece of evidence for anything that was said,the history is wrong, what I've suppose to have said is wrong, what were in the letters is wrong, what is said anywhere is wrong.Even some comments from the shop floor were inaccurate coming from hearsay. They send letters out to other businesses stating they have no rights to sell Lambretta badges, t shirts or what ever. Since when have the LCGB had the right to do this, wasting members money time and time again. These are the sort of questions you should be asking.

You can reply to anything that I have said, but I'm not answering the same questions time and time again because you don't get it. If you have a genuine question I will answer it. If you claim that I am wrong in any of this please support your claim . There is nothing complicated about any of these requests.
Juan

Any chance of a Flake in that?
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

When you say you have heard a transcript, do you mean you have heard a recording, or have you read a transcript? If it was a transcript, was it the one in JetSet?

The reason I ask? Well I never kept any notes of the AGM but I suspect you have used some poetic licence here in your comments.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Poetic licence? Downright inaccuracies more like.
Donnie.
Gavin J Frankland

Storkfoot, yes I have a recording of the AGM, it was also sent live to me on the night.
nastro azzurro

What’s inaccurate Donnie?
I’ve read the Jetset article but wasn’t at the AGM so would like to know.
Gav seems to have addressed the points raised in Jetset and a few more besides.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Do we have to do this again? It'll only be the same people banging their heads together.
Gavin J Frankland

Doom Patrol- I just need to put both sides to the story out there and then hopefully we can all move on and enjoy riding. I know its boring, I get it all of the time which is why I never join forums. But it gives a chance for the facts rather than tell tales. I know there are some that will never get it.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Doom Patrol wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:44 pm Do we have to do this again? It'll only be the same people banging their heads together.
+1

any chance we could talk about scooters :shock:
Special X150
Main scooter: Lambretta SX150

LCGB Coast2Coast 3 weeks time, now we are talking scooters.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information