LCGB AGM ref BLOA

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

totaly agree why dont you all disapeer from wherever you came fromand get off this great forum that we come on to talkabout scooters and help each other sort them out no body is interested
gaz_powell

garry inglis wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:16 pm totaly agree why dont you all disapeer from wherever you came fromand get off this great forum that we come on to talkabout scooters and help each other sort them out no body is interested
I think a few people are interested, given its probably one of the biggest things in scootering at the moment and people are passionate about it. This section is general scooter chat and it is only one topic. If it's not for you don't read it .....
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

+1 to that.

Why start commenting on a thread if it has no interest to you?

If it's too high brow for you someone will start a Lammy V Vespa thread again sooner or later.
Nic

garry inglis wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:16 pm totaly agree why dont you all disapeer from wherever you came fromand get off this great forum that we come on to talkabout scooters and help each other sort them out no body is interested
If that's how you feel, why are you reading this?
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

Good question, to be honest I haven't really thought of an answer. But the reason why it was brought back to life was to have a change in the Scootering calendar. As I knew the history and what some original members told me I thought it would be a good idea to use the club again. It wasn't being used and hasn't been since 65 as a club. It's nice to see the badge being used again, some think not. I can't help that. There was never going to be a battle over names as we all knew it was gone. The bigger picture is to use the club as it was originally going to the same rally sites and doing what they did then, again not to everyone's choice. There will also be a Scooterist museum paid by the club, this will house everything from the 1950's to present with all makes of scooters. There is a lot to offer. More than any other club. It just needs people to take a step back and look at facts and what's on the table. If they like it great, if not so be it. Yes change the name would solve the issue, but I didn't have an issue to start with. If the name went so would the spark and would be just another club. A bit boring really. That's the best I can do. I've also just had someone say call it new bloa, which thinking about might work. It worked for the LCGB jetset. It's an idea.
servetapaul

MaDMAn wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:01 pm You know, seeing all the LCGB 'mob' slowly crawl out from under their rocks each week is like watching a horrific (but predictable) car crash in slow motion. It might seem to some people reading these threads, that a lot of people actually care about whether or not a new club is called BLOA. But the truth is, most don't. Most couldn't give a flying f@@k. If you boil this down to the absolute nitty-gritty, I'd be very surprised if more than a few hundred people actually were really that bothered. There's loads who have an opinion, and even more who enjoy watching this petty carnage ensue. But those who really give a f@@k...not that many. Not in the bigger scheme of things that is.

Out of the few hundred who really care, I'd say about 50 are passionate about it, to the point they will 'go the extra mile', and out of those 50...there are probably 20 who are seething to their back teeth, and then maybe about 15 whose p155 is boiling about the whole thing. But somehow, those few seem to make a tremendous amount of noise, and i mean a huge noise. Just look at Nic's diatribe. They'd love it if this whole BLOA thing just became too much hassle for most, and those who might have joined BLOA walked away. But more than that, they like to go MOB handed at it.

Straight in with legal expenses, no 'softly' approach as suggested at the AGM. If anyone thinks a club whose committee members knocking f@@k out of someone asking questions at an AGM is a 'softly' approach, they are sadly mistaken. And its not their money these power hungry c*nt5 are spending, its the members. I promise you, they would be a LOT more cautious if it were their own funds.

The LCGB committee - NOT THE CLUB OR ITS MEMBERS - but the committee, have a terrible reputation for being condescending, aloof, cliquey, and most of all...bullish, arrogant and lynch mob like. There are questions over financial matters, violence, intimidation, and more besides. It sucks.

See this letter which is out to all clubs at the moment? read ...

Its the 'polite' tip of the iceberg. This letter was swiftly followed up with phone calls to all clubs, to pressure them to cut all ties with BLOA (ask members to quit membership) and to align with the LCGB. I guess the fear of having their card marked, or having event tickets 'allocated elsewhere' will be sufficient. No opinion of your own, no chance to live and let live. No chance to experience another club, or rally, or point of view.

LCGB committee want control, total control, and they will use club funds, pressure, and mob mentality to achieve it. Failing that...don't go for a slash.

I personally do not know Gav from BLOA (or any of the Gavs) but i did welcome a new Lambretta club, one that wasn't bathed in LCGB bitterness. But now, that has been in fact tainted by LCGB bitterness. Nic never comes on here, nor most of his LCGB bum fiddling cohorts, but here they all are. Like a jack in the box, mouthing off and chanting the party line. I saw on Facebook how one of his friends recently bought a BLOA t-shirt, and was immediately turned on, rinsed out and hung out to dry. It was ugly. But that's the LCGB for you...well the committee (and some former committee) members least ways.

Oh..and as for all that s**t about Gav banning people off his FB page...well seriously, after reading all this s**t, and the crap on Facebook, wouldn't you? Its nothing to do with North Korea style moderation, you thick tw@7, its to do with riding a scooter and not wanting to be surrounded by people who just want to cause s**t and stir crap, get some f@@king perspective.

The current LCGB committee are a set of clowns, they have ruined a brilliant club, What was once THE best Lambretta club in the world, is now a f@@king shambles. The took their first wrong turn when they ousted Kev Walsh (yes they f@@king did) and followed it up with the change in constitution to 'vote one out, vote all out'. Since then, its been a nightmare. They will be the downfall of the club.

Leave BLOA to rise/fall on its own, don't crush it. Vote out the current committee, vote in a new one. Ride your f@@king scooters.
👍🖖
I am not bound to please thee with my answers - William Shakespeare
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

You Sir are outstanding. Feel free to make yourself known to me and I will happily quench your thirst.🛵🤘
Nic

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:32 pm Good question, to be honest I haven't really thought of an answer. But the reason why it was brought back to life was to have a change in the Scootering calendar. As I knew the history and what some original members told me I thought it would be a good idea to use the club again. It wasn't being used and hasn't been since 65 as a club. It's nice to see the badge being used again, some think not. I can't help that. There was never going to be a battle over names as we all knew it was gone. The bigger picture is to use the club as it was originally going to the same rally sites and doing what they did then, again not to everyone's choice. There will also be a Scooterist museum paid by the club, this will house everything from the 1950's to present with all makes of scooters. There is a lot to offer. More than any other club. It just needs people to take a step back and look at facts and what's on the table. If they like it great, if not so be it. Yes change the name would solve the issue, but I didn't have an issue to start with. If the name went so would the spark and would be just another club. A bit boring really. That's the best I can do. I've also just had someone say call it new bloa, which thinking about might work. It worked for the LCGB jetset. It's an idea.
Well that's me convinced. My Lambretta collection will definitely be added to Gavin Frankland's museum.
Nic

Oh dear, wait. My Lambretta collection has been stolen.
Nic

Nevermind, I can always claim it off the insurance....
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information