LCGB AGM ref BLOA

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
gtwildcat
Main scooter: lambretta GT200

Just out of interest who is the “secret” LCGB committee member who was personally given the BLOA rights? That might shed light on some of this?
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Rally220 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:32 am

Committee appointed by whom? Was it an open transparent process, applicants duly seconded, then a vote on who is on the committee?
Not from what I saw.
Rally i’ve been on many club committees in the past (not Scooter related apart from Luton Lambretta Club). Most are “round the table” and very informal which is the way I like it.

To answer your question it was posted on BLOA asking who would like to join the committee and names announced a few hours later. I was asked but declined. It’s all very informal at the moment which suits me and I think most people that are full members are quite happy with what is being offered.

Please please can we not have a long debate over this procedure. If you don’t like the way it’s run then it’s not the club for you.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

gtwildcat wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:43 am Just out of interest who is the “secret” LCGB committee member who was personally given the BLOA rights? That might shed light on some of this?
Shhhh - It's a secret :P

We'll all know if this question is ever answered:

Does Gavin have proof Mike Karslake gave and assigned the rights of his designs to an individual rather than the LCGB as a whole? YES/NO
eden
Dealer

Im sure it will be answered at some point.
It could be the case that some people involved who have the answers are not prepared to speak up until the IPC judgement has been made.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

You have more faith than me Eden.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

gtwildcat wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:43 am Just out of interest who is the “secret” LCGB committee member who was personally given the BLOA rights? That might shed light on some of this?
Now it can be revealed. But first....

... It all started back in 1947 when a scooter crashed and was taken to a secret location in an aircraft hanger at Sywell. The then National Investigative Committee, or NIC, covered it up and began their experiments. The results of this unnatural combination of alien and Lambretta DNA walk amongst us today. Only now can the identity of the man that did a deal with Mike Karslake be revealed...

:o :o
Nic

eden wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:52 am
Nic wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:40 am

Worse, it's being used as a deliberate smokescreen to avoid the underlying issue that thousands of people in the scootering community are supporting the LCGB over - the theft of our history and heritage.

Do you have evidence that "thousands" of people are supporting LCGB?

What I see is a few people talking lcgb members into defending the LCGB while not making them aware that they are also supporting and cementing the committee that has lead the lambretta world down the hole we are all currently in.
Someone accused me of being involved in BLOA being set up the other day which just shows how much misinformation there is being spread around. If I had been involved and was calling the shots I would put an offer on the table to the LCGB committee which agreed to change the name if most of them stepped down and accepted they are jointly culpable for the current situation.
The reason would be simple, if change wasn't needed we wouldn't be in this situation and it would show if the current committee think more of the club than their positions in the club.
Sorry Eden. Not playing your game. You and I both know that support for the LCGB position is massive among members.

I think you should try to answer my question about whether you accept Mike Karslake had copyright over his designs and whether he assigned them to the LCGB.
eden
Dealer

Sorry Nic, if your not playing my game I'm not playing yours ;)
Nic

eden wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:34 pm Sorry Nic, if your not playing my game I'm not playing yours ;)
That's disappointing. For weeks now your response to our continuously stated position about Mike Karslake's assertion of copyright over the BLOA imagery and his assignment of that copyright to the LCGB has been to refuse to engage with our argument.

Instead, you are choosing to change the subject by challenging the LCGB's democratic structures, maligning committee members, implying that LCGB members are so stupid they don't know what they are doing when they and their local clubs back the national Club. Throughout, you are doing everything you can to avoid answering the central question in this debate.

In some ways I get why you have to do that. In your shoes I might do the same. But your evasiveness still doesn't look good.

Readers of this thread will draw their own conclusions about the strength of your argument.
eden
Dealer

I don't try to answer questions I don't have the answer to. I just comment on facts i know to be true.

My argument is you have been partaking in a smear campaign. Do you deny you have been doing so?
Its been a few years since you were active in the lcgb yet you post on here and facebook like you are the authority on it.
As someone said a few pages back, you showed how hollow you are when you slagged off your old mate over this, anyone who read that will discount what ever you have to say in future, i know i do.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information