LCGB AGM ref BLOA

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:40 pm For my mate Donnie, just a quick search about my claim to Sywell and the film Battle of Britain, you plonker.. another poor soul with issues.

Battle Of Britain Movie 1969
Some scenes from the very famous film The Battle of Britain were filmed at Sywell. Here a few photographs taken during filming together with some of the Buchon aircraft masquerading as Me-109’s

A number of aircraft from the film are currently undergoing restoration nearby
I think we've established Im not your mate.

It is odd that you don't say where you get the information, but it wasn't hard to find it on Sywells own site.

I do find it odd though as both imdb's entry here http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064072/locations and wikipedia's entry here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Britain_(film) have no mention of any filming locations of sywell at all.
Donnie.
Donnie

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:43 pm
Donnie wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:48 pm
Gavin J Frankland wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:57 pm I seriously think nic has issues.
Well yeah, saying that deflects from you, nice try.
It's a famous airfield that was used to film the Battle of Britain from.

No it wasn't, more bollox.

I swear you are the scootering equivalent of Donald Trump.
[/quote

Oh dear Donnie boy looking a tad stupid now??

Battle Of Britain Movie 1969
Some scenes from the very famous film The Battle of Britain were filmed at Sywell. Here a few photographs taken during filming together with some of the Buchon aircraft masquerading as Me-109’s

A number of aircraft from the film are currently undergoing restoration nearby
Er, no, see my previous post.
Donnie.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Fair play Eden.

So. We're all agreed, let's see the evidence regarding the BLOA name and ownership of logos etc.

Once that matter is settled we can all get back to scootering and deal with the other issues that have been dredged up -mixing them up with the Bloa name/mark/logo may well suit someone but it isn't getting the real issues resolved.

Gavin -this isn't going away:

Do you have proof Mike Karslake gave and assigned the rights of his designs to an individual rather than the LCGB as a whole? YES/NO
Donnie

eden wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:52 am
Do you have evidence that "thousands" of people are supporting LCGB?
More deflection, you're happy for some of the outlandish shite claims from GF but now pick on wanting evidence from thousands of people.
eden wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:52 amWhat I see is a few people talking lcgb members into defending the LCGB while not making them aware that they are also supporting and cementing the committee that has lead the lambretta world down the hole we are all currently in.
Oh come off it, I'm not here on the behalf of the LCGB despite being a member and theres no f@@ker on the planet that can coerce me. You're still grinding the antiLCGB axe, its plainly obvious you will never let that go and its pathetic to carry on blaming anything you think is bad about the "scene" on the committee and the club.
eden wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:52 amSomeone accused me of being involved in BLOA being set up the other day which just shows how much misinformation there is being spread around. If I had been involved and was calling the shots I would put an offer on the table to the LCGB committee which agreed to change the name if most of them stepped down and accepted they are jointly culpable for the current situation.
The reason would be simple, if change wasn't needed we wouldn't be in this situation and it would show if the current committee think more of the club than their positions in the club.
Again there's the axe. What situation? what black hole? Most of us just want to ride our scooters and enjoy, you talk like theres some sort of recession of scootering and its all the LCGB's fault. I mean, if you were involved you'd offer to blackmail the committee?
Donnie.
a.j

eden wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:12 am Everyone should reign in.... there is one party creating a hate campaign which is creating splits in the lambretta scene. This shouldn't be allowed to continue as we have a unique hobby which is being threatened.
There'e was once somebody in Germany with a little moustache that caused a split in Europe. It wasn't the allies fault they fought back.
Donnie

Timbo wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:32 am
timexit17 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:17 am Who are you referring to Gavin
I think he was referring to Rally220 not you Tim.

I wasn’t going to post again then I read Nics post and coming over all innocent. He has deliberately set up a campaign to discredit GF ( in cahoots with the LCGB I guess) if you can reign him in a lot of the nonsense won’t get posted.
Yeah you do a s**t lot of guessing for sure.
Donnie.
Rally220
Main scooter: Lambretta S2 TS1 240

I apologise for going off the thread, I fully agree this should stay on the subject. But I don’t think there will ever be any evidence presented to back up GF claim. Nor do I expect him to fully answer any pertinent questions.
I do believe his integrity and character is wholly relevant though, he’s put himself in the business of selling people something, be it a club , memorabilia etc. If I’m going to conduct business with someone I carry out due diligence checks, perfectly reasonable.
The LCGB have presented clear evidence but GF chooses to ignore and shout it down with no credibility.
As to dragging down to playground level is that like calling someone Lamdildo?
So come on then GF answer timexit question!
Donnie

Do you have proof Mike Karslake gave and assigned the rights of his designs to an individual rather than the LCGB as a whole? YES/NO
Donnie.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

To be fair, let someone step in and do a deal as this is the way it'll work:

GF gives over the disputed trademark and signs a legally binding agreement to do this.
As part of that agreement the entire LCGB committee stand down and ballot forms are sent out to all LCGB members.

Sounds great?

The only issue with this is that it would be seen as extortion winning and thats not a good thing.
The BLOA trademark being claimed by Gavin wasn't because he had a beef with the LCGB or the committee, so making the solution about this is a bit ridiculous.

I'm also willing to bet any ballot would see the same committee members returned with an even bigger mandate than they currently have.

How this then solves perceived issues with the committee either as individuals or as a whole defeats me.
eden
Dealer

Im not involved and have no say in bloa so what i said is irrelevant. Its not on the cards as far as i know.
The point i was making is that they wouldn't offer to fall on their swords to resolve the problem if it was offered as a way forward. There hold over the club means more to them than resolving an issue.

Donnie your a funny guy :)
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information