LCGB AGM ref BLOA

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Nic

What's interesting about aspects of this debate is how people like Gavin Frankland and some of his supporters want to turn it into an a disussion of whether there are WW2 aircraft being restored in a hanger where a rally is being held, or if scenes from a film were shot there.

The real issue is about whether Gavin Frankland has taken something - the BLOA designs and imagery - assigned by MIke Karslake to the LCGB and is making unauthorised use of a name which is part of the LCGB's history. These were Karslake's copyrighted designs, btw.

All the other s**t - the non-existent museums, the aircraft, whether more or less people go to an LCGB signing on event than one that isn't a signing on event, is a diversion.

Worse, it's being used as a deliberate smokescreen to avoid the underlying issue that thousands of people in the scootering community are supporting the LCGB over - the theft of our history and heritage.

Again, I note that none of Gavin's supporters have come up with a coherent reply to these fundamental questions. That speaks volumes....
a.j

Looking at the whole picture after all this. Gavin, seems to me a lot of people are upset by you picking the name BLOA that is intrinsically linked, and still in use by, the LCGB. Whether you saw an opportunity to make some money, upset some people you don't particularly care for or genuinely thought that BLOA needed life breathing back into it in all innocence, I'd say that it would be better all round if you stopped being so stubborn and realise you've dropped a bollock. Be the bigger man, hold your hands up and drop it with your head still high.
eden
Dealer

Nic wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:40 am

Worse, it's being used as a deliberate smokescreen to avoid the underlying issue that thousands of people in the scootering community are supporting the LCGB over - the theft of our history and heritage.

Do you have evidence that "thousands" of people are supporting LCGB?

What I see is a few people talking lcgb members into defending the LCGB while not making them aware that they are also supporting and cementing the committee that has lead the lambretta world down the hole we are all currently in.
Someone accused me of being involved in BLOA being set up the other day which just shows how much misinformation there is being spread around. If I had been involved and was calling the shots I would put an offer on the table to the LCGB committee which agreed to change the name if most of them stepped down and accepted they are jointly culpable for the current situation.
The reason would be simple, if change wasn't needed we wouldn't be in this situation and it would show if the current committee think more of the club than their positions in the club.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Allora mi amici......

Since we need to steer this back onto topic yet again, here it is.
I can cut & paste this 20 times a day if I have to, until there are credible answers backed up by facts it won't go away.
Starting or continuing arguments on the minutiae of sywell, films, museums or anything other than the claiming of the BLOA mark and use of the images designed by Mike Karslake is getting a bit boring really and if it continues then all you'll be doing is making it more & more obvious the real questions are being quite deliberately ignored -be careful of giving that impression gents as there are still people out there in 'Lambretta land' who haven't made their minds up about this issue yet.

Gavins POV
1. Gavins assertion is that BLOA was owned by Lambretta concessionaires ( business and importer of the Lambretta).
2. Gavins assertion is that the BLOA name was not owned by the LCGB.
3. Mike Karslakes gift of the 'right to use the Bloa name & logo) was given to an (I'm presuming now -ex?) member of the committee rather than to the LCGB as a whole.
4. This (ex?) member of the committee is now a member of Gavins group.

My POV
1. is perfectly correct to my understanding.
2. is probably the moot point of the issue -LCGB assert they have the exclusive right to use the name since BLOA was the forerunner to the LCGB, Gavin asserts the name was abandoned and unused and therefore 'up for grabs'.
3. Unless you can provide evidence that Mikes gift was given to an individual rather than the LCGB I will have to remind persons reading this thread that the LCGB have a letter from Mike using the words 'the club has exclusive rights to use them'....on it -the letter doesn't mention any individual, it is quite clear the letter is to the club -the LCGB.
4. If point 3 cannot be proven point 4 is well.... pointless really.

Let's start with the basics-

Do you have proof Mike Karslake gave and assigned the rights of his designs to an individual rather than the LCGB as a whole? YES/NO

I'll keep asking this until it is answered by the way.
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

Troll.🤗 Obviously eye witness accounts and photos are nothing. Another deluded individual going back to play ground mentality. 🤘
timexit17

Who are you referring to Gavin?

I have seen the LCGB letter with my own eyes.

Do you have proof Mike Karslake gave and assigned the rights of his designs to an individual rather than the LCGB as a whole? YES/NO
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

timexit17 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:17 am Who are you referring to Gavin?

I have seen the LCGB letter with my own eyes.

Seems a fair enough question.....bit puzzling that it hasn't been answered ?
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

timexit17 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:17 am Who are you referring to Gavin
I think he was referring to Rally220 not you Tim.

I wasn’t going to post again then I read Nics post and coming over all innocent. He has deliberately set up a campaign to discredit GF ( in cahoots with the LCGB I guess) if you can reign him in a lot of the nonsense won’t get posted.
timexit17

I'd rather reign everybody in to be fair Timbo, I'm not Nic's keeper and wouldn't presume to tell him what he can & cannot comment on.

I will however keep referring this thread back to the pertinent questions.
There have been lots of statements declaring things as facts, so let's see them.
eden
Dealer

Everyone should reign in.... there is one party creating a hate campaign which is creating splits in the lambretta scene. This shouldn't be allowed to continue as we have a unique hobby which is being threatened.
Im sure some here will say im creating a hate campaign against the committee but that would be wrong... I think the LCGB deserves better that a committee that are hammering wedges between fellow enthusiasts just because they have joined an alternative national club which they feel is a threat to them.
I'm sure if everyone calmed down and everyone produced all their evidence and just dealt with that rather than trying to discredit others that this state of affairs could come to an amicable conclusion.
Last edited by eden on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information