LCGB AGM ref BLOA

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Nic

Nic wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:01 pm
3) I wasn't there so I won't comment on the Derby 150, other than to say Granty will probably be flattered by your endorsement.
Sorry Steve. :oops:
eden
Dealer

steveg wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:16 pm
eden wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:58 pm
The first Derby 150 was a success but only because Steve Grant did all the work himself.
Not true, and please never use me to illustrate any point you have to make

Odd, thats not what you said to me on the day. :shock:
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Not that old 'he said she said' nonsense again?
No offence amigos but the issue is:

1. Gavins assertion is that BLOA was owned by Lambretta concessionaires ( business and importer of the Lambretta).
2. Gavins assertion is that the BLOA name was not owned by the LCGB.
3. Mike Karslakes gift of the 'right to use the Bloa name & logo) was given to an (I'm presuming now -ex?) member of the committee rather than to the LCGB as a whole.
4. This (ex?) member of the committee is now a member of Gavins group.

Gavin,
1. is perfectly correct to my understanding.
2. is probably the moot point of the issue -LCGB assert they have the exclusive right to use the name since BLOA was the forerunner to the LCGB, Gavin asserts the name was abandoned and unused and therefore 'up for grabs'.
3. Unless you can provide evidence that Mikes gift was given to an individual rather than the LCGB I will have to remind persons reading this thread that the LCGB have a letter from Mike using the words 'the club has exclusive rights to use them'....on it -the letter doesn't mention any individual, it is quite clear the letter is the the club -the LCGB.
4. If point 3 cannot be proven point 4 is well.... pointless really.
steveg

eden wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:23 pm
eden wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:58 pm
The first Derby 150 was a success but only because Steve Grant did all the work himself.

It is quite flattering that you think that and also that you have such great recall of our conversations.
It's true that I worked hard on behalf of LCGB to make the D150 rallies a success. But there is no way that I could organise a rally of that size without the support of other people. If you want documented evidence of the involvement of other members of the LCGB and D&D SC I suggest you look at the letters page of Scootering magazine from a month or two after where I wrote to correct a misunderstanding that originally credited the rally organisation to D&D SC alone.
Just to clarify, members of the LCGB committee and others help out at rallies directly orgainsed by LCGB. But we aren't all involved in every event and some people will take more responsibility for particular rallies than others.
I guess I could have asked a committee member from Essex or Darlington to liaise with the DRC, but given that I live two miles away it seemed more sensible for me to do so.
eden
Dealer

steveg wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:00 pm
eden wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:23 pm

It is quite flattering that you think that and also that you have such great recall of our conversations.
It's true that I worked hard on behalf of LCGB to make the D150 rallies a success. But there is no way that I could organise a rally of that size without the support of other people. If you want documented evidence of the involvement of other members of the LCGB and D&D SC I suggest you look at the letters page of Scootering magazine from a month or two after where I wrote to correct a misunderstanding that originally credited the rally organisation to D&D SC alone.
Just to clarify, members of the LCGB committee and others help out at rallies directly orgainsed by LCGB. But we aren't all involved in every event and some people will take more responsibility for particular rallies than others.
I guess I could have asked a committee member from Essex or Darlington to liaise with the DRC, but given that I live two miles away it seemed more sensible for me to do so.
As I said, you did a sterling job :) Sorry I couldn't attend the 2nd one though, as you were instrumental in making me aware I wasn't welcome. :(
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

For my mate Donnie, just a quick search about my claim to Sywell and the film Battle of Britain, you plonker.. another poor soul with issues.

Battle Of Britain Movie 1969
Some scenes from the very famous film The Battle of Britain were filmed at Sywell. Here a few photographs taken during filming together with some of the Buchon aircraft masquerading as Me-109’s

A number of aircraft from the film are currently undergoing restoration nearby
Gavin J Frankland

Donnie wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:48 pm
Gavin J Frankland wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:57 pm I seriously think nic has issues.
Well yeah, saying that deflects from you, nice try.
It's a famous airfield that was used to film the Battle of Britain from.

No it wasn't, more bollox.

I swear you are the scootering equivalent of Donald Trump.
[/quote

Oh dear Donnie boy looking a tad stupid now??

Some scenes from the very famous film The Battle of Britain were filmed at Sywell. Here a few photographs taken during filming together with some of the Buchon aircraft masquerading as Me-109’s

Rally220
Main scooter: Lambretta S2 TS1 240

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:40 pm For my mate Donnie, just a quick search about my claim to Sywell and the film Battle of Britain, you plonker.. another poor soul with issues.

A proper search would reveal that filming did not take place at Sywell.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064072/loc ... _locations

Or

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of ... #Locations

Anyone can claim filming took place somewhere, maybe to try and boost business? Bit like laying claim to historic names.

Go back to fantasy Island Gav.
Gavin J Frankland

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:40 pm For my mate Donnie, just a quick search about my claim to Sywell and the film Battle of Britain, you plonker.. another poor soul with issues.

Donnie wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:48 pm
Gavin J Frankland wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:57 pm I seriously think nic has issues.
Well yeah, saying that deflects from you, nice try.
It's a famous airfield that was used to film the Battle of Britain from.

No it wasn't, more bollox.

I swear you are the scootering equivalent of Donald Trump.

Taken from a forum, just google Battle of Britain at Sywell, dead easy.

Postby sherriff » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:00 pm
Was fortunate to go on the Duxford set during filming....due to relative of my best mate being involved.
Also, some scenes filmed at Sywell....got on to that as well. Best 'tactical sickie' I ever pulled ! Bliss.
Rally220
Main scooter: Lambretta S2 TS1 240

Yes well a Google of that very phrase reveals? The museum at Sywell laying claim to filming taking place there. Are they on the same glue you sniff.
But NO ONE ELSE confirming filming took place there. I'm leaving this line now, because frankly you are a troll.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information