LCGB AGM ref BLOA

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Nic

Timbo wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:26 am “there will also be a scooter museum paid for by the club" is a cruel deception on readers of this thread and your small band of members.....

No museum? i’m gutted and demand my subscription money back.....😆
Fair dos, Timbo. As you've said, it's only a tenner and the main reason you're joining is so that you can ride somewhere where there is a Nissen hut.
a.j

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:32 pm I've also just had someone say call it new bloa, which thinking about might work. It worked for the LCGB jetset. It's an idea.
Melt.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:45 am How my brain visualises this ‘discussion’....

PMSL
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Nic wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:36 am
Timbo wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:26 am
No museum? i’m gutted and demand my subscription money back.....😆
Fair dos, Timbo. As you've said, it's only a tenner and the main reason you're joining is so that you can ride somewhere where there is a Nissen hut.
Pleased to hear that i’ve not now joined for the other reason you accused me of...........🙄

I joined BLOA 9 months before any rallies were agreed and was pleased when Sywell was chosen as its about 40 miles from my house. It’s not just the close proximity I like but the fact that because it’s an active airfield there are lots of great modern facilities, hotel, bars, restaurants/cafes but even more exciting there is a Nissen hut....😎....I’m well made up 😀........this Nissen hut however houses a fantastic WW2 museum and is well worth a visit rally or not.....

http://www.sywellaviationmuseum.org.uk/

British Lambretta Owners Association B.L.O.A.

Sywell Northants. 20-21 April 2018 - TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE.

Recce finished this weekend. This is the first BLOA rally, this is Sywell in between Kettering and Northampton. Last used as a rally site in 1960. This will be an authentic 1950's scooter rally following the ethos of the good old days!

Friday night will be for just setting up and camping or Hotel, and drinks in the bar. Food is available from the bar and restaurant.
Saturday will be the parts fair on the cordoned-off car park (pic 5), midday-ish will be the field activities (pic 3) including chariot racing, obstacle courses etc, a Miss Lambretta and a Mr. Lambretta competition. Finishing off with a Concours D'Elegance competition. All entrances for this will need to be started and ridden once around the car park. Under no circumstances Will I allow scooters to rock up in a van and be pushed in.

Saturday evening is for ticket holders and will be music/ buffet in the hall.
Tickets are for MEMBERS ONLY.
There are only 150 tickets for sale.
At £20.00 this allows you access to all the events to watch or take part in and into the parts fair including the Saturday night dance.

PAY ON DAY for all events except the members night do.
Fees are- Parts fair entrance £2.00. Stalls are £30.00 dealers, £15.00 for second hand parts, only clothing stalls are the ones affiliated to BLOA.
Camping for whole weekend Friday and Saturday is £10.00.
Concours D'Elegance is £3.00.
Field events will be for a charity, so anything is welcome.
Very special trophies will be given for these events, probably the best you will ever see.
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

I seriously think nic has issues. It's a famous airfield that was used to film the Battle of Britain from. Great venue. If no one can see that then there's no point discussing it. When ever gets said it's gets brought down to the gutter. I'm afraid I will not let BLOA to be in the gutter. Carry on with your childish behaviour, I think it's time for the rest of us to pull out. Nissen hut...give me strength...
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

Nic AND several thousand of us !!
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

I don't think anyone stated that they had any issue with the venue?
The venue looks great (and being a military historian I would say that of course).

The problem is with using the name/Brand BLOA so let's not let other petty considerations get in the way of that.
There's been lots of mud slinging here, some accurate, most not so let's not allow the topic to be moved away from the core issue.

There are plenty of retro 50's scooter runs/events up & down the UK, hell we're running one ourselves this year for pre 1960s machines, so yes, there is an appeal/ 'market for it'.
Without the issue of the name/trademark/etc I'm 100% sure everyone would be wishing you well and you'd have a healthy supply of scooterists attending your events.

Once again -the issue is with the name, any other muddying of the waters around that is unhelpful and simply deflection IMHO.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Good reply Tim and I agree 100% with you. It’s obvious Nic is trying to discredit GF and belittle planned events, hence his referance to a Nissen Hut and “cruel deception on readers” re the museum......Personally, and I have no ulterior motive, he’s doing more harm than good. Just my opinion..........and before the question gets asked my Dad is 6’8”.......😆
snappedstud
Main scooter: Series 2 Li150

That pretty much sums up my thoughts timexit17

The crux is getting lost in the sticks & stones nonsence.

Any other sensible name on earth could have been chosen and chances are I'd have chucked my tenner in and been all up for some rallys away from the rev & go's & pork pie hats. I like the LCCG rallys for that specific reason. No wish to be on a committee and not a member of a clique. Just a regular member who likes lambrettas and riding & secretly fixing them.

For me a new scooter club would have just increased the oppertunity to attend more sensible rallys.

I would have even thought about joining had the name & logos not attempted to be trademarked. That just reienforces the suspision of being unhand to be honest. The Lion Logo trademark application is the icing on the cake. Could be a genuine mistake - but things doent just appear by themselves - especially on legal paperwork.

Forget the legal b@11@x - wheres the morals and honesty in all of this ? Its knowingly devious & frankly stinks.

Gavin - you knew full well this would cause a shitstorm and I cant think of why you would actively create it and then try & take the moral high ground and done the angel wings and point the finger back. Ex services ? ex special forces apparently ? I thought it was all about doing the right thing.

Its a crying shame an oppertunity has been lost for another club. Maybe its not too late - but a bit of honesty and humility (perhaps by all parties) may get the result I suspect a number of people wanted without the shouting & posturing. I genuinely hope so.
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

Weird thing is, Sywell Museum have no recollection of a scooter rally attending in the near future.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information