Scootering 2-Stroke Oil Article

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Another thumbs up for Groundsman from me. I don't know if it is lacking some additives compared to PP2, but I know my scoots go well on it. I hear what Andy Brown is saying, but I suspect it's probably cheaper for Rock Oil to stick two different labels on the same product than it is to make another blend. Because you can bet they are still making money on it. Just with a bigger margin on the PP2.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

Doom Patrol wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:34 pm Another thumbs up for Groundsman from me. I don't know if it is lacking some additives compared to PP2, but I know my scoots go well on it. I hear what Andy Brown is saying, but I suspect it's probably cheaper for Rock Oil to stick two different labels on the same product than it is to make another blend. Because you can bet they are still making money on it. Just with a bigger margin on the PP2.
I used to work in a chemical company and I used to pack 'budget' washing powder and top name brand powder - the exact same stuff went in to the two different boxes :roll: nothing different in them whatsoever - just the end price ;)
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
onthelam
Main scooter: not yet

Initially i thought this was an thread/article about oil but maybe I'm missing the whole thing.

Are we saying that nowadays the only convenient place to buy two-stroke oil is at a garden centre?
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

No, it was something that came up in the course of the article.
eden
Dealer

Im still using groundsman, 8 or 9 years now must be in excess of 60 000 miles on it, maybe more. Seems people like to discredit other peoples findings just because they have an outlet to do so.
Use what ever you find to be suitable is all I would say. If your engine has to rev its tits off to make power and you only cover 500 miles in a year then yes, use an expensive oil if it makes you feel better, If your doing a s**t load of miles each year and have found a cheaper oil that gives the protection you need which has been proven by covering s**t loads of miles on it then continue to use that :)
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

witch groundsman are you all using
Nudger
Main scooter: Li 150 Special

This:
If your doing a s**t load of miles each year and have found a cheaper oil that gives the protection you need which has been proven by covering s**t loads of miles on it then continue to use that :)
proof - pudding - eating
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

garry inglis wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:19 pm witch groundsman are you all using
Its Rockoil semi-synthetic Groundsman, I bought a 25 litre drum from DMH Hydraulics it was either £60 or £70 delivered cant remember, good stuff.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

eden wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:56 pm Im still using groundsman, 8 or 9 years now must be in excess of 60 000 miles on it, maybe more. Seems people like to discredit other peoples findings just because they have an outlet to do so.
Use what ever you find to be suitable is all I would say. If your engine has to rev its tits off to make power and you only cover 500 miles in a year then yes, use an expensive oil if it makes you feel better, If your doing a s**t load of miles each year and have found a cheaper oil that gives the protection you need which has been proven by covering s**t loads of miles on it then continue to use that :)
What percentage do you use it at Eden? 4%?
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
Sach
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I’ve been using this too on Edens recommendation for years now and so do a lot in our club. It’s cheap and proven itself.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information