Vintage riding with hand signals. How you get on?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

coaster wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:39 am
HxPaul wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:47 am As an add to my earlier post.I see lots of motorists with there indicators left on by mistake,unfortunetly lots of them are scooterists riding Ve*pa's.If a scooterist leaves his/her indicator on ,especially the right indicator it could mean that someone in a car pulls out in front of you thinking you are about to turn right.
I am guilty of this :oops: the problem is that with a full face helmet, the telltale indicator isn't in your eyeline so you don't see it without deliberately looking down. Also, most indicator switches available are a bit awkward to use accurately. The one on my GTS cancels by pushing it in which is quite convenient but is still a little hit and miss with winter gloves on
i too am guilty as charged on this one always forgetting to turn it off on my P2, think its mainly because of driving the car it automatically clicks off so tend to just think t does the same on the P2. Only when i glance down(usually to turn) i notice,ironically it's often to turn in the direction i've already left in on from previously maybe i'm just psychic
the man don't give a f@@k
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Muttley McLadd wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:16 pm
Burnside wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:47 am
You say that but I find it's the older generation who are far more guilty when it comes to non-use of indicators.
That's because Lambrettas don't have them. :D
One of mine does ;)
a.j

I also find it's the older folk who tend to camp in the middle lane on motorways regardless of what speed they are doing.
Christ that grips my sh!t that does. Their reasoning being that they're doing the speed limit & if you overtake them YOU are in the wrong.
coaster

a.j wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:38 pm
I also find it's the older folk who tend to camp in the middle lane on motorways regardless of what speed they are doing.
Christ that grips my sh!t that does. Their reasoning being that they're doing the speed limit & if you overtake them YOU are in the wrong.
A13 3 lane stretch between Dagenham and the M25 in both directions has to be the worse for that I've ever experienced. Its as if they regard the left lane as only if you are wanting to use a slip road. They don't even drive at the speed limit, usually between 50-60 in a 70 limit
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information