Torbay Lambretta

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

I use Torbay Lambretta all the time - as as been stated, super fast service, but, for me its the after sales service that is second to none. After asking a question after buying a part, I have had Mike, who I don't know other than buying parts, phone me back later in the day to check I had overcome the problem. Phoned him about jetting once and he was driving, pulled over especially just to have a look in his little jetting book so that I ordered the right jets. He has even talked me out of buying something that I didn't really need - losing a sale - fair play :D Top guy, who goes above and beyond to help.
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
stew
Main scooter: Series 1 and series 2

alanscottj wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:30 pm I use Torbay Lambretta all the time - as as been stated, super fast service, but, for me its the after sales service that is second to none. After asking a question after buying a part, I have had Mike, who I don't know other than buying parts, phone me back later in the day to check I had overcome the problem. Phoned him about jetting once and he was driving, pulled over especially just to have a look in his little jetting book so that I ordered the right jets. He has even talked me out of buying something that I didn't really need - losing a sale - fair play :D Top guy, who goes above and beyond to help.
That is something a few of the other dealers could do with, a good follow up service .

I have spent money with a number of the larger dealers and the after sales service has been lacking by a few, as I've been advised to email manufacturers rather than speak with the dealer.

In one case there was a missing part to an exhaust which I purchased in October.....I eventually got the missing part the following February!! Despite numerous phone calls , emails to both the uk and Czech Republic as I'm living on the other side of the world and no compensation for my time or phone calls.

So reading the positive feedback on Torbay I may well give them my business next time I order a parcel of goodies.
Loud pipes save lives!!
Wee Marky
Main scooter: TS1 230 Cutdown

Yeah one more for Mike at Torbay, one of the best ever dealers, quick, honest and relieable
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Really helped me out with an ignition coil earlier this year. He took it home and I picked it up from there. Nice friendly guy too. Torbay Lambretta deserve to do well.
lockman69

Wee Marky wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:27 pm Yeah one more for Mike at Torbay, one of the best ever dealers, quick, honest and relieable

+1
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information