Torbay Lambretta

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
oneday

Ordered parts at 2 ish yesterday, arrived today...and all ok......customer service at its best. :D :D
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Quality supplier
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

Used them a few times now, been excellent every purchase.

Be nice if they did free postage on orders over 100 quid, but I guess this would have to be regained on pricing elsewhere, every penny counts when you run a business I suppose!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

But he does reimburse postage money if initially over charges..
😎
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

True, and 10 quid is the most you ever pay.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Timbo wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:36 pm But he does reimburse postage money if initially over charges..
😎
I also have to do that. It's the way the shopping cart works. I can't work out any other way to do it. Cart charges you P&P for every item and once the order is placed I'll refund the excess P&P once I've sent the order.

Plenty of places charge you a minimum P&P charge, say £8 to cover their time in processing the order. I can understand why if you're paying someone £15 per hour and it takes 20 minutes to process an order that's £5 in labour and then there's the business overheads, rent, rates, etc. to take into account. I prefer to only charge the P&P charge {includes packaging. Jiffy bags and packing tape aren't free}. I work on the principle that you win some and you lose some. The customer who only spends £3 this time might come back with a £300 order next week.
essexgp
Main scooter: Indian Gp200 Indian Gp Cutdown

corrado wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:53 pm
Timbo wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:36 pm But he does reimburse postage money if initially over charges..
😎
I also have to do that. It's the way the shopping cart works. I can't work out any other way to do it. Cart charges you P&P for every item and once the order is placed I'll refund the excess P&P once I've sent the order.

Plenty of places charge you a minimum P&P charge, say £8 to cover their time in processing the order. I can understand why if you're paying someone £15 per hour and it takes 20 minutes to process an order that's £5 in labour and then there's the business overheads, rent, rates, etc. to take into account. I prefer to only charge the P&P charge {includes packaging. Jiffy bags and packing tape aren't free}. I work on the principle that you win some and you lose some. The customer who only spends £3 this time might come back with a £300 order next week.
Why i only buy bits from you, Cambridge Lambretta and Scooter Restorations if can help it
B-Race Tuning
Main scooter: Lambro, GP.

Really impressed with service from Torbay Lambretta. Prices good, stock levels good and quick delivery. You can't fault the service whatsoever. One of the best out there IMO.
Oh, and EssexGP, (and everyone who hasn't, yet) you can try Torbay too now and you'll see what we mean. ;-)
Although relatively local, the post takes the same time regardless. No connection, just a satisfied customer pleased to have a reliable supplier.
Simon.
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

B-Race Tuning wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:52 pm Really impressed with service from Torbay Lambretta. Prices good, stock levels good and quick delivery. You can't fault the service whatsoever. One of the best out there IMO.
Oh, and EssexGP, (and everyone who hasn't, yet) you can try Torbay too now and you'll see what we mean. ;-)
Although relatively local, the post takes the same time regardless. No connection, just a satisfied customer pleased to have a reliable supplier.
Simon.
Mr B race how you getting on with making new zaurst’s?
compass

Totally agree with above posts.

Maybe some out there, but I have yet to come across better service in the Lambretta dealer & parts world. Well done Torbay Lambretta for raising the bar so high.

8-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information