How to get a licence

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Can someone clarify what needs to be done to get a bike licence, or really, just a CBT?

It's been decades since I got my licence, so I'm way out of touch. This person has no licence at all. Is it possible she can get a CBT in time for IOW? I expect it complicates things, but she's German, been here about 10-12 years.

Any clarity would be welcome

Cheers
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

CBT is easy, book it, turn up and a few hours later (barring any disasters) you'll have a certificate and can ride a 125cc with L-plates

Full test is a bit more involved, CBT, theory test, Mod1 (off-road) and Mod2 (on-road) tests
nick b
Main scooter: gp200and rt195

in my day as long as you didn't kill the instructor you passed
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Cheers. The post was mainly about the complications caused by the fact that she's german. But as long as she's got an NI number she's good to go.

She just doesn't want to.
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

If she actually has no driving licence at all then obviously she can't just go and get a CBT she'd have to apply for a licence first wasn't quite clear that she actually had a driving licence in your question.If she does have a car one not sure if the old 50cc thing still applys as it's decades since i had my first licence and then that used to be ok for using a 125 on L plates pretty certain that's changed now though but worth checking like i said it was the late 70's when i got my licence didn't take me long to lose it either lol.
the man don't give a f@@k
warts
Main scooter: honda

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information