LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
bsso78
registered user
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Darlington
Contact:

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:53 pm

πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†

You lot are just plain quackers

User avatar
coaster
registered user
Posts: 3670
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:35 pm
Location: London and Norfolk
Contact:

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:29 pm

Doom Patrol wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:31 pm
coaster wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:28 am
Doom Patrol wrote: ↑
Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:14 pm

................................then you've been very remiss. Sharp practice or not you have rested on your laurels.
I think that is pretty unfair, if the LCGB was run by a professional management team then maybe, but as with thousands of clubs up and down the country, it is run by a bunch of enthusiastic volunteers in between holding down full time jobs and raising families. None of them will have any idea about protecting copyright, they are the victims of a bit of sharp practice, technically legal possibly but sneaky at best. To suggest it is the LCGB's fault because they didn't envisage someone nipping in and grabbing something is just plain daft.

There seems to be a serious lack of objectivity in some people's arguments :(
Hang on. We've heard a lot about protecting the clubs heritage and how it rested on a moral defence, so people seem pretty clued up on it now. Especially when it comes to starting legal action. Although, I wouldn't be overly enthusiastic if, as you say, none of them have any idea what they are doing. Sorry if that sounds unfair, but it is basically the gist of it.
An unfair appraisal again I'd say, of course the LCGB are wise to it NOW and will no doubt be considering what else might need protecting against opportunistic (legal maybe) pirate attacks in the future. It seems nothing is sacred these days. from the support on here I would assume that he has some mates who will obviously defend him to the hilt. I have heard a lot of detrimental stuff about him but confess that I don't have any personal knowledge of his character so will await developments....that's me being objective ;)

mick1
registered user
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:43 pm
ebay user ID: saxonleaf
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225
Location: York
Contact:

Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:39 pm

Quote
"I think that is pretty unfair, if the LCGB was run by a professional management team then maybe, but as with thousands of clubs up and down the country, it is run by a bunch of enthusiastic volunteers in between holding down full time jobs and raising families"

With Β£200 000 + in the bank maybe there should be some professionals on board.

User avatar
Doom Patrol
registered user
Posts: 2234
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:03 pm
Main scooter: Lambretta GP 150 going on 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning
Contact:

Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:41 pm

coaster wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:29 pm
Doom Patrol wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:31 pm
coaster wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:28 am


I think that is pretty unfair, if the LCGB was run by a professional management team then maybe, but as with thousands of clubs up and down the country, it is run by a bunch of enthusiastic volunteers in between holding down full time jobs and raising families. None of them will have any idea about protecting copyright, they are the victims of a bit of sharp practice, technically legal possibly but sneaky at best. To suggest it is the LCGB's fault because they didn't envisage someone nipping in and grabbing something is just plain daft.

There seems to be a serious lack of objectivity in some people's arguments :(
Hang on. We've heard a lot about protecting the clubs heritage and how it rested on a moral defence, so people seem pretty clued up on it now. Especially when it comes to starting legal action. Although, I wouldn't be overly enthusiastic if, as you say, none of them have any idea what they are doing. Sorry if that sounds unfair, but it is basically the gist of it.
An unfair appraisal again I'd say, of course the LCGB are wise to it NOW and will no doubt be considering what else might need protecting against opportunistic (legal maybe) pirate attacks in the future. It seems nothing is sacred these days. from the support on here I would assume that he has some mates who will obviously defend him to the hilt. I have heard a lot of detrimental stuff about him but confess that I don't have any personal knowledge of his character so will await developments....that's me being objective ;)
Oh, it's so unfair. You sound like a squawking teenager. As for being objective you go on to say you've heard a lot of detrimental stuff about him, which is obviously biasing the argument, and then claim to be objective. I don't think so.

User avatar
coaster
registered user
Posts: 3670
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:35 pm
Location: London and Norfolk
Contact:

Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:56 pm

Doom Patrol wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:41 pm

Oh, it's so unfair. You sound like a squawking teenager. As for being objective you go on to say you've heard a lot of detrimental stuff about him, which is obviously biasing the argument, and then claim to be objective. I don't think so.
Quite nasty, I had thought we were having a civilised debate...silly me :roll: I said I had heard detrimental stuff, I didn't repeat it and don't intend to as I can't corroborate it and I'm prepared to be given evidence to the contrary. That is being objective. Is he a mate of yours or you just on board for an argument?

Oh and thanks for the compliment, its a long time since anyone called me a teenager :shock:

User avatar
Doom Patrol
registered user
Posts: 2234
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:03 pm
Main scooter: Lambretta GP 150 going on 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning
Contact:

Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:44 pm

If you found it nasty I apologise. But you do come over as a bit of a Kevin. No, I don't know him at all. I wouldn't know him if I stood next to him. He may intend to do the right thing, for all I know. But frankly (no pun intended) this repetitive character assassination isn't helping. And anyway, I've paid my Β£5.00...

eden
Dealer
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:44 pm
Location: ILCLAND
Contact:

Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:35 pm

If certain people in the current LCGB committee hadn't alienated so many Lambretta enthusiasts over the recent years I doubt that BLOA as it is now would have got off the ground.

If the same people had made LCGB more welcoming and inclusive I also doubt BLOA as it is now would have got off the ground.

If the same people hadn't changed the way committee members are voted on and off the committee I doubt so many lambretta enthusiast would feel alienated and or excluded so BLOA as it is now probably wouldn't have got off the ground.

If the same people didn't make a habit of refusing hand shakes from people trying to offer an olive branch I doubt BLOA as it is now would have got off the ground.(happened to me 4 times in 2016 by 3 people on the committee, in fact i made sure I collected our clubs best turned out club award at one rally an hour after a certain person refusing to shake hands just to see if the same refusal would happen publicly by the same person handing out the trophies. (The person in question shook my hand with a camera pointing at him. This was at a rally before any argument on their forum)

If the LCGB had a chairman who actually got involved in LCGB affairs or even attended the AGM's or was contactable without the correspondence first passing through others I doubt BLOA as it is now would have got off the ground.

If the same people didn't tell members they are excluding from the club for spurious reasons that the chairman had stood down so not to contact him, even though in fact he hadn't stepped down, (My personal experience), I'm sure BLOA as it is now wouldn't have got off the ground.

If the same people took on board criticisms and listened to proposals offered by members at the AGM rather than banishing them or ridiculing them or even jumping on them in the toilets at the AGM I'm sure there would be more proposals offered at the AGM (non this year I hear) I'm sure BLOA as it is now wouldn't have got off the ground.

If the same people had some consistency regarding what maters to the LCGB from one year to the next I'm sure BLOA as it is wouldn't have got off the ground. (One example of this would be how for the previous 4 or 5 years the committee has stated at the AGM and elsewhere that the BSM is a very small part of the club and justified this by stating the small percentage of members that take part, yet this year claiming at the AGM that the BSM is a HUGE part of the LCGB and what it stands for)

If the same people didn't spread the word between their chosen ones where LCGB events are taking place before the events are announced to the members so that the average member had an equal chance of getting a room or ferry etc I'm sure that the people attending LCGB events wouldn't be always the same people and those not in the loop wouldn't be disappointed. (I know this happens as even I still knew all but one (Oban) of the LCGB rallies for 2018 before they were announced at the AGM)

Disjointed, delusional and down right disappointing. The Lambretta Club of Great Britain deserves better! Maybe BLOA will become what the LCGB should be!

Roll up all those who are, or have been taking perks to shoot me down.

shocky
registered user
Posts: 2707
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:33 pm
Location: cheltenham
Contact:

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:34 pm

eden wrote:If certain people in the current LCGB committee hadn't alienated so many Lambretta enthusiasts over the recent years I doubt that BLOA as it is now would have got off the ground.

If the same people had made LCGB more welcoming and inclusive I also doubt BLOA as it is now would have got off the ground.

If the same people hadn't changed the way committee members are voted on and off the committee I doubt so many lambretta enthusiast would feel alienated and or excluded so BLOA as it is now probably wouldn't have got off the ground.

If the same people didn't make a habit of refusing hand shakes from people trying to offer an olive branch I doubt BLOA as it is now would have got off the ground.(happened to me 4 times in 2016 by 3 people on the committee, in fact i made sure I collected our clubs best turned out club award at one rally an hour after a certain person refusing to shake hands just to see if the same refusal would happen publicly by the same person handing out the trophies. (The person in question shook my hand with a camera pointing at him. This was at a rally before any argument on their forum)

If the LCGB had a chairman who actually got involved in LCGB affairs or even attended the AGM's or was contactable without the correspondence first passing through others I doubt BLOA as it is now would have got off the ground.

If the same people didn't tell members they are excluding from the club for spurious reasons that the chairman had stood down so not to contact him, even though in fact he hadn't stepped down, (My personal experience), I'm sure BLOA as it is now wouldn't have got off the ground.

If the same people took on board criticisms and listened to proposals offered by members at the AGM rather than banishing them or ridiculing them or even jumping on them in the toilets at the AGM I'm sure there would be more proposals offered at the AGM (non this year I hear) I'm sure BLOA as it is now wouldn't have got off the ground.

If the same people had some consistency regarding what maters to the LCGB from one year to the next I'm sure BLOA as it is wouldn't have got off the ground. (One example of this would be how for the previous 4 or 5 years the committee has stated at the AGM and elsewhere that the BSM is a very small part of the club and justified this by stating the small percentage of members that take part, yet this year claiming at the AGM that the BSM is a HUGE part of the LCGB and what it stands for)

If the same people didn't spread the word between their chosen ones where LCGB events are taking place before the events are announced to the members so that the average member had an equal chance of getting a room or ferry etc I'm sure that the people attending LCGB events wouldn't be always the same people and those not in the loop wouldn't be disappointed. (I know this happens as even I still knew all but one (Oban) of the LCGB rallies for 2018 before they were announced at the AGM)

Disjointed, delusional and down right disappointing. The Lambretta Club of Great Britain deserves better! Maybe BLOA will become what the LCGB should be!

Roll up all those who are, or have been taking perks to shoot me down.
That's torn it .....

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm

User avatar
coaster
registered user
Posts: 3670
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:35 pm
Location: London and Norfolk
Contact:

Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:44 pm

I don't think anyone is objecting to another Lambretta club Eden, I certainly wasn't 8-) falling out with committees is probably the main reason many clubs split. The gripe as far as I'm aware is just the use of the BLOA name and logo and apparent way that it was obtained. Can't really blame the LCGB for defending its position but no doubt it will be resolved one way or another and we can get back to scooter engineering discussions;)

eden
Dealer
Posts: 1267
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:44 pm
Location: ILCLAND
Contact:

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:21 am

coaster wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:44 pm
I don't think anyone is objecting to another Lambretta club Eden, I certainly wasn't 8-) falling out with committees is probably the main reason many clubs split. The gripe as far as I'm aware is just the use of the BLOA name and logo and apparent way that it was obtained. Can't really blame the LCGB for defending its position but no doubt it will be resolved one way or another and we can get back to scooter engineering discussions;)
I think its a shame that the LCGB as it is has created and fed the environment where many now feel there is a need for an alternative. Regarding the name though, I would rather see the name and brand given a new lease of life rather than being left to die and tainted by the current LCGB. It deserves to be a stand alone thing rather than just being an aside to something many don't find attractive.
Its not like its being used by the new plastic lambretta brand. Its being used by an association of classic lambretta owners who live in Britain.
Who knows, it might fall on its face, it may get blocked by lawyers, but maybe, just maybe it will thrive and will offer an alternative to the same old same old thats been on offer for the last decade or so.
I'm all for change and if that change resurrects something from Lambrettas history which has been missing for a long time in regard to what is apparently going to be on offer at the BLOA rallies I'm all for it. Many with open minds will be members of both clubs which will give them more options during the year in regard to events they can attend.
I don't know Gavin Franklin, i dont know about the alleged "chequered back ground" (i think thats how he was referred to at the AGM). I do have an open mind though and judge people by their actions, so I'm looking forward to see how it pans out.
I have however asked him since hearing the comments at the LCGB AGM if he would be prepared for the LCGB to buy him out and he seemed adamant that he wouldn't.
So lets wait and see.

PS: ILC had considered using the name Birmingham Lambretta Owners Association a few years ago, for our BSM challenges, seems now like it was a good job we didn't lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information