LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
coaster

I don't think anyone is objecting to another Lambretta club Eden, I certainly wasn't 8-) falling out with committees is probably the main reason many clubs split. The gripe as far as I'm aware is just the use of the BLOA name and logo and apparent way that it was obtained. Can't really blame the LCGB for defending its position but no doubt it will be resolved one way or another and we can get back to scooter engineering discussions;)
eden
Dealer

coaster wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:44 pm I don't think anyone is objecting to another Lambretta club Eden, I certainly wasn't 8-) falling out with committees is probably the main reason many clubs split. The gripe as far as I'm aware is just the use of the BLOA name and logo and apparent way that it was obtained. Can't really blame the LCGB for defending its position but no doubt it will be resolved one way or another and we can get back to scooter engineering discussions;)
I think its a shame that the LCGB as it is has created and fed the environment where many now feel there is a need for an alternative. Regarding the name though, I would rather see the name and brand given a new lease of life rather than being left to die and tainted by the current LCGB. It deserves to be a stand alone thing rather than just being an aside to something many don't find attractive.
Its not like its being used by the new plastic lambretta brand. Its being used by an association of classic lambretta owners who live in Britain.
Who knows, it might fall on its face, it may get blocked by lawyers, but maybe, just maybe it will thrive and will offer an alternative to the same old same old thats been on offer for the last decade or so.
I'm all for change and if that change resurrects something from Lambrettas history which has been missing for a long time in regard to what is apparently going to be on offer at the BLOA rallies I'm all for it. Many with open minds will be members of both clubs which will give them more options during the year in regard to events they can attend.
I don't know Gavin Franklin, i dont know about the alleged "chequered back ground" (i think thats how he was referred to at the AGM). I do have an open mind though and judge people by their actions, so I'm looking forward to see how it pans out.
I have however asked him since hearing the comments at the LCGB AGM if he would be prepared for the LCGB to buy him out and he seemed adamant that he wouldn't.
So lets wait and see.

PS: ILC had considered using the name Birmingham Lambretta Owners Association a few years ago, for our BSM challenges, seems now like it was a good job we didn't lol
eden
Dealer

The LCGB should update their history page on their website.
http://www.ilambretta.co.uk/history.html

The events leading up to the ousting of Kev Walsh, how they got rid of Kev and what has happened since should be added.
The page currently ends at 1992 which was a whopping 26 years ago. 26 years before 1992 was 1966 FGS. Anyone reading that who was new to the club and knew nothing about it would think nothing has happened since.
Most of that page was written by the Kev Walsh who has put more work into the LCGB than anyone else on earth. Is there nothing worth adding during the last 26 years or is it just no one can be arsed because they have full time jobs and do their LCGB duties in their spare time?
The members need to wake up!
Gav BLOA
Main scooter: lambretta

Someone call me???? Martin is my cousin, a butcher from London who has no knowledge of scooters.
Any questions please ask, the colouring pens and crayon eaters don't bother.
Thank you..
Gav BLOA
Main scooter: lambretta

Just a few points to get the ball rolling.
1- money. Where do you think this is? For me to start the club and into the first rally will stand me at around £5k. The buffet alone is £1500 for Sywell.
2- why Bloa? For those that actualy know me and my lambretta collection will understand. I'm a stickler for the good old days. 1950's and early 60's was innocenti best times. This reflected across the uk. Bloa is from that period. My thinking behind this is too recreate that period of Scootering.
3- But thats belongs to another club. Well no it doesn't. Never has. I haven't stolen anything. When it change in 65-66 everything was dropped. No more. That is when it was rehoused and renamed. When in 1974 it all finished, that was it. In 1978 the new club was formed, correct me if I'm wrong, it was a new club. The old accounts or books was not reopened. I have never seen or heard otherwise so I say that as hear say. But without proof otherwise the new club started in 1978.
4- I have left the Facebook page open for a reason, I have nothing to hide. We are not fighting against any club and me personally have never fallen out with anyone.
5- Again not many will actualy know me, even thou I've been a lambretta owner since 1981 and have attended various events every year since then, never packed up and disappeared for 20 odd years, I've been there and kept the flag flying.
6- you hear all sorts of crap about people, no doubt a few hear will say this and that about me. If I sat you down and asked you to explain what it is you would struggle. I've not hurt anyone, slagged anyone off who is worth it, or robbed anyone. Most things in life come from jealousy. That's it.
7- the lastest AGM about bloa was 44 mins, half of that was slagging me off. Really?? From people that wouldn't know him if I kissed them on the lips.
To summarise there is no real issue, this fairy tale about BLOA being part of the new club is false, no point in pretending or sugar coating it. Never is, never was. Nothing has been stolen there's no pot of gold. Bonjour...
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

and the very best of luck to you, I hope you get the support your effort deserves...Tim
shocky

Gav BLOA wrote:Just a few points to get the ball rolling.
1- money. Where do you think this is? For me to start the club and into the first rally will stand me at around £5k. The buffet alone is £1500 for Sywell.
2- why Bloa? For those that actualy know me and my lambretta collection will understand. I'm a stickler for the good old days. 1950's and early 60's was innocenti best times. This reflected across the uk. Bloa is from that period. My thinking behind this is too recreate that period of Scootering.
3- But thats belongs to another club. Well no it doesn't. Never has. I haven't stolen anything. When it change in 65-66 everything was dropped. No more. That is when it was rehoused and renamed. When in 1974 it all finished, that was it. In 1978 the new club was formed, correct me if I'm wrong, it was a new club. The old accounts or books was not reopened. I have never seen or heard otherwise so I say that as hear say. But without proof otherwise the new club started in 1978.
4- I have left the Facebook page open for a reason, I have nothing to hide. We are not fighting against any club and me personally have never fallen out with anyone.
5- Again not many will actualy know me, even thou I've been a lambretta owner since 1981 and have attended various events every year since then, never packed up and disappeared for 20 odd years, I've been there and kept the flag flying.
6- you hear all sorts of crap about people, no doubt a few hear will say this and that about me. If I sat you down and asked you to explain what it is you would struggle. I've not hurt anyone, slagged anyone off who is worth it, or robbed anyone. Most things in life come from jealousy. That's it.
7- the lastest AGM about bloa was 44 mins, half of that was slagging me off. Really?? From people that wouldn't know him if I kissed them on the lips.
To summarise there is no real issue, this fairy tale about BLOA being part of the new club is false, no point in pretending or sugar coating it. Never is, never was. Nothing has been stolen there's no pot of gold. Bonjour...
Good luck to you Gav Image

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Steveshipley
Main scooter: Sx150

statement from Mr Frankland seems like a good note to finish on to me. I'm not happy with the Lcgb pursuing this any further and wasting members money. I'd suggest they poll the full membership.
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

I don't doubt your passion for Lambretta's Gav, you've clearly demonstrated that, and good on you.

And the idea of another club with more rallies is awesome.

I'm concerned this will cost both parties a lot of money and only the lawyers will benefit. For me I don't care what the LCGB spend on it, the committee are fine people in my mind who help all the members get so much more from our scooters. They are willing to give up a huge amount of time to run it, so I trust them to do what they consider is best.

Sorry to repeat myself, but BLOA is just a name, change it, end of, do people really care what the name of the club is? And if you do, is all this really worth it? There may be so much bad feeling by the time the first rally comes along it all falls apart anyway, such a shame.

There is clear evidence of use of BLOA by LCGB on the other forum, which I know is from 1998 but still has some clout surely:

Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I’m not Gavin’s spoke person, my views are my views and the information is gained from the BLOA website and here. Clearly he wants to resurect an old club and put on rally’s similar to the style of 50’s and 60’s that the club got a good reputation for.I guess with new health and safety issues this might be a challenge in itself. I’m not a rally goer expert but don’t think this would be in direct competition with any other rally’s especially LCGB ones. To change the name just would not work imho and something would be lost. As to the legality of using the name time will tell. In the meantime I look forward to watching the antics on Saturday 21st April at Sywell airport, a great modern venue with a WW2 museum and I believe where an original BLOA rally was held. Let’s hope they don’t still sell Watneys Red Barrel 🙈
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information