LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

shocky wrote:But dont forget In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit....
True story

Disclaimer: Please excuse the use of guns in this image, it’s a stock photo from Google, used purely for the purposes of humour. Any resemblance or likeness to people living or deceased is purely coincidental. x
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

mick1 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:26 pm
wintermod65 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:30 pm have to say very sad that the other thread on this topic has been locked down just when some interesting answers were coming to light.
Really :shock:

Questions were being asked but GF was conspicuous by his absence of replies....especially to a straight forward YES or NO question which was asked several times over a couple of days.

certainly agree about it going off on tangents and getting personal....
he did answer the question about the lambretta lion logo , agree took a while but slowly slowly catchy hairy primate !
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

wintermod65 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:10 pm
mick1 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:26 pm
wintermod65 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:30 pm have to say very sad that the other thread on this topic has been locked down just when some interesting answers were coming to light.
Really :shock:

Questions were being asked but GF was conspicuous by his absence of replies....especially to a straight forward YES or NO question which was asked several times over a couple of days.

certainly agree about it going off on tangents and getting personal....
he did answer the question about the lambretta lion logo , agree took a while but slowly slowly catchy hairy primate !
This was the question i was referring to.

"Does Gavin have proof Mike Karslake gave and assigned the rights of his designs to an individual rather than the LCGB as a whole? YES/NO"
wintermod65

i believe he said that the Lambretta lion trademarking was an error which he tried to correct with the IPO although it was still showing on his application for the BLAO Name, and he says he just used the MK BLOA designs as he thought they looked nice.
he has said that an original member of the BLOA claims he was assigned the rights to MK logos. This might be true in that a person has claimed this just as much as the LCGB documentation claims it im guessing the LCGB dont want to publish Mikes signature in open forum for understandable reasons data protection , Family so on

if look objectively both sides will have to prove this although it will be behind closed doors and in the appropriate time and place.

i can understand some of the reasons why he started this venture they are not without merit i mean do people really want to hear " one step beyond " at every event they attend !!!
but i dont understand why or condone the way he went about it.

i do have an alternate name mr frankland could use but ill have to trademark it first in case someone else gets cute!!
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

I'm sure Gavin will confirm no original member of BLOA has claimed any such thing to be fair to him.
There may have been some question over whether another person was given any rights but that person has already confirmed to Gavin it isn't and wasn't the case.

The rights to MK's designs are those of the LCGB and they alone, this has, as far as I can now see it, been completely accepted by all sides and is no longer in dispute.
wintermod65

im sure i read that an individual had claimed they were given to him as an officer of the club under any of its names rather than the LCGB as an organisation it may be its in the locked thread on this whole topic .
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Yes, it wasn't an original BLOA member and it wasn't that member that was claiming -as far as I am aware? Gavin was asserting that someone else was given individual rights -which is not true.

Maybe he genuinely thought that was the case at the time of posting, however shortly after the person contacted by Gavin also contacted me. Scootering (and Lambrettatisting especially) is a very, very small world, everyone knows everyone.
wintermod65

hi the lengths i go to for you guys !
taken from the LCGB agm thread started by Mr Frankland

page 14 fri apr 06 8.20pm

" Mike's gift was actually given to a committee member of the LCGB who is a member of BLOA. FACT. "

would it be reasonable to to believe some communication between these parties must have taken place for this proposition to be put forward.

if MR frankland can prove this in any hearing that will remain to be seen.
If he cant his case may start to unravel

i reread the MK BLOA badge quote and its along the lines it would be nice to use it again not that its nice per se.
Arcadia

I notice GF has recently registered the badge also, not just the name: https://www.registered-design.service.g ... U91S9d3NlE
Marty ULC
Main scooter: curry burner GP225 mugello

I note that when you click on "history" it states "No history is available for this design"
Fairly sure the LCGB has made the history of this design available.
Could GF possibly be fraudulently claiming it's his design? If so why? What does he hope to gain apart from being a massive pain in the arse? Nobody appears to be buying his overpriced crap on ebay and his rallies weren't very well supported by all accounts (except his) so he's unlikely to make any money out of it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information