LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I saw a cock pheasant trying to mount a dead one on the side of the road yesterday. Seemed strangely applicable to this debacle.
eden
Dealer

Nic wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:51 am
eden wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:16 pm
Doom Patrol wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:00 pm Well, the only thing I can conclude is that, regardless of the rights and wrongs, I don't like either side particularly. Nobody is going to win.
Very true :( how was it allowed to come to this?
Because a chancer like Gavin Frankland tried to steal part of our Club's history and was backed by people like you. Simples.
Simple people would read that little into it.
For the record can you show me somewhere where I have backed anyone?
Simple people wouldn't understand that the environment in which an alternative national club is now welcomed by so many is down to the LCGB making so many unwelcome over recent years.

Simple people just won't accept that is the case so I expect it will go right over your head Nic.
Nudger
Main scooter: Li 150 Special

An alternative national club may well have been welcomed by many.
Indeed, a new national club may attract rank & file members of the LCGB too, who wanted to be involved in both.
However, Gavin Frankland missed an opportunity by trying to use the BLOA name & imagery (I'm not going to repeat the whole argument again) which common sense indicates would cause a major issue.

I understand the LCGB Committee have made an offer to purchase (at cost) Gavin's merchandise, which would let him walk away with no financial loss and start an alternatively named national club with a clean slate: new name, logo, ethos and history to be written. However, renaming the 'British Lambretta Owners Association' to the 'British Lambretta Owners Association Club' is duplicitous. We should all be able to disagree without being disagreeable, and I truly hope sense wins the day.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Now is your chance Gavin. And anyway BLOAC is such a horse's arse of a name and doesn't make sense. BLOC, or LOGB would be my preference for a new club name.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

timexit17 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:28 am I haven't seen this attempt to discredit, unless I simply dismissed it as nonsense of course.
Tim do you think this helps the discussion....🤔

“If you want to speak to several members of the Committee at once, bring one or more of your vegetables if you wish. ”
eden
Dealer

Nudger wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:51 pm An alternative national club may well have been welcomed by many.
Indeed, a new national club may attract rank & file members of the LCGB too, who wanted to be involved in both.
However, Gavin Frankland missed an opportunity by trying to use the BLOA name & imagery (I'm not going to repeat the whole argument again) which common sense indicates would cause a major issue.

I understand the LCGB Committee have made an offer to purchase (at cost) Gavin's merchandise, which would let him walk away with no financial loss and start an alternatively named national club with a clean slate: new name, logo, ethos and history to be written. However, renaming the 'British Lambretta Owners Association' to the 'British Lambretta Owners Association Club' is duplicitous. We should all be able to disagree without being disagreeable, and I truly hope sense wins the day.
Whole heartedly agree that we all should be able to disagree without being disagreeable.

The majority of BLOA members seem to be already members of both BLOA and lcgb.
I just hope that LCGB don't find ways to victimise those that have chosen to be a member of both. Whether that's the committee or its members.
Falling out with old mates over this would be just silly.
Personally I've only noticed a couple of people acting differently towards me. Friendship should transcend opinions on the names of different clubs or which club someone chooses to be a member of.
There is a good chance I will decide before this is sorted out that I don't wish to be a member of any British national club because my interest lies with the lambrettas, building lambrettas and riding lambrettas with good mates not with any particular club or people who value a club over friendships.
It's all bollox at the end of the day.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

Timbo wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:09 pm
timexit17 wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:28 am I haven't seen this attempt to discredit, unless I simply dismissed it as nonsense of course.
Tim do you think this helps the discussion....🤔

“If you want to speak to several members of the Committee at once, bring one or more of your vegetables if you wish. ”
That's not discrediting IMHO, although it's disrespectful and doesn't help but there are silly comments on both sides of the argument which aren't helpful either.
It's certainly not on a par with the utterly despicable comment I mentioned and I would hope no one is shying away from washing their hands of that pretty thoroughly.

The issue remains if the name & imagery had not been used (when it was as clear as day from the outset that there would be a fairly obvious issue with the LCGB) then none of this debate would have happened.

Bringing the fact (and I don't dispute it) that a few people over the past 50 years have fallen out with some of the other 6,000 members of the LCGB and want an alternative national organiser into the discussion was a bit pointless really, since you could have had that alternative any time you fancied it, without trying to usurp someone else's heritage.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I have no axe to grind, I'm already a member of two national Lambretta Clubs and would probably have supported a third if only for those that don't have their own national parliament - oops - club...and as a haven for those who can't find a place in the other clubs.

I also don't see the need to have those down the obviously provocative and, I hope we can all agree, regrettable and damaging path that has been taken so far.

Let's all hope this can be sorted out without further unnecessary mudslinging or ill-feeling being generated.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
shocky

But dont forget In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit....

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Doom Patrol wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:48 pm BLOAC is such a horse's arse of a name and doesn't make sense.
It sounds like an airline
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information