LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

wrecklessrobbie wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:23 pm
Gavin j frankland are you Gav Bloa on this forum?
If not who is Gav Bloa.....its getting a bit confusing.

Is he speaking for you or is he up to mischief?
Gavin J Frankland wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:28 pm No we have another Gav here as well, who does the forums and that. I work a lot of hours and I don't have time.
So you flatly refuted that GavBLOA wasn't you and yet......

viewtopic.php?p=301941#p301941

But the most pertinent quote in your / GavBLOAs response was:
" I have brought BLOA back to life, nothing to do with LCGB as what I've stated. I have copyrights to the name and badge because I feel it should not be left behind and forgot about. "

I was for a long time unsure about the BLOA thing, at first I was looking forward to a new group / club trying to inject something fresh into the scene and was unaware of the BLOA / LCGB issues, Sywell was looking good, a few mates are doing it though I suspect are unaware of or don't care about the furore that's occuring. However, as things have become more public I can see why the LCGB are doing what they are.
Additionally, your disrespectful and patronising tone as well as your continued deflection of any legitimate question or challenge simply belies the simple truth: You've been caught out and cannot accept it.
Donnie.
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:39 pm I’ve not seen anything this unusual since the Sticky vs Randall saga.

Nice to see scooters bringing everyone together, all part of ‘the scene’ etc...

ImageImageImage

Whatever happened to the poster Maltby Media Company...does he/she still post on here?
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

wrecklessrobbie wrote: Whatever happened to the poster Maltby Media Company...does he/she still post on here?
No, I think ScootRS went under. Shame...I liked some of his products, and I loved his posts!ImageImage
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

drunkmunkey6969 wrote: No, I think ScootRS went under. Shame...I liked some of his products, and I loved his posts!ImageImage
Yes...that was a vitriolic thread as well.
Interesting reading to neutral observers.

Very similar to this thread in some ways.
I just hope all parties can reach a satisfactory and amicable outcome.
I doubt it though this could rumble on for quite a while.
Its quite sad seeing people ripping into each other.
drunkmunkey6969

wrecklessrobbie wrote: Its quite sad seeing people ripping into each other.
Agree
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Rally220
Main scooter: Lambretta S2 TS1 240

drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:10 am
wrecklessrobbie wrote: Whatever happened to the poster Maltby Media Company...does he/she still post on here?
No, I think ScootRS went under. Shame...I liked some of his products, and I loved his posts!ImageImage
I heard that he had split from his Mrs and only Vietnamese citizens can run businesses so he had to close?
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Are you implying he's moved here and started a club?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

rosscla wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:57 pm Are you implying he's moved here and started a club?
Or he's joined the committee of an established club :o
challenger

Randall , IIRC,had a good working knowledge of written english?
This thread is becoming embarrasing for the "2" Gavs and I feel for them both, I wish they could realise how much they are damaging their venture and retire gracefully without causing further damage to their fledgling club/business.
drunkmunkey6969

So basically, after nearly 400 responses, we’ve learned that...

BLOA was part of LCGB roots many years ago, though not legally ‘protected’ as such today. Gavin Frankland has started a new club and trademarked the name. LCGB are contesting that trademark, and appear to have spent £7000 on that process with the IPO, but not yet instigated any formal legal action, as it’s the IPO ruling which will be the cornerstone of any such wrangling. Pending that IPO ruling, everyone is in limbo. Everything else is conjecture, speculation and opinion...

So no further on than when the thread first started then
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information