LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

When this thread started I was against it. As i thought it was a lets knock the lcbg. A club i am not a member of.
I am not a member of bloa either.
I never realised bloa had been formed.
I am not taking any side on this.

Gavin j frankland are you Gav Bloa on this forum?
If not who is Gav Bloa.....its getting a bit confusing.

Is he speaking for you or is he up to mischief?
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

No we have another Gav here as well, who does the forums and that. I work a lot of hours and I don't have time. At the moment we have a small number of people that do jobs. Not a committe but a few that help out. Next year once it's established better then we will then have all of this in place, but at the moment just like other new clubs it is what it is.
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

Ah ok.
Thank you for your reply.
Now the most stupid question you will get asked....are vespa allowed at your rally....
Yes i know its a lambretta club.
servetakid
Main scooter: Jet 200

https://youtu.be/eJO5HU_7_1w

Seriously though I find it hard to believe that there are two Gav's in BLOA, both with broken phones, both with the same unique writing style and one with a habit of talking in first and third person? :?:

Gav, I think you should be worried... You might have been Catfished! :shock:
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

wrecklessrobbie wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:43 pm
Now the most stupid question you will get asked....are vespa allowed at your rally....
Yes i know its a lambretta club.
I believe so...
British Lambretta Owners Association B.L.O.A.

Sywell Northants. 20-21 April 2018 - TICKETS NOW AVAILABLE.

Recce finished this weekend. This is the first BLOA rally, this is Sywell in between Kettering and Northampton. Last used as a rally site in 1960. This will be an authentic 1950's scooter rally following the ethos of the good old days!

Friday night will be for just setting up and camping or Hotel, and drinks in the bar. Food is available from the bar and restaurant.
Saturday will be the parts fair on the cordoned-off car park (pic 5), midday-ish will be the field activities (pic 3) including chariot racing, obstacle courses etc, a Miss Lambretta and a Mr. Lambretta competition. Finishing off with a Concours D'Elegance competition. All entrances for this will need to be started and ridden once around the car park. Under no circumstances Will I allow scooters to rock up in a van and be pushed in.

Saturday evening is for ticket holders and will be music/ buffet in the hall.
Tickets are for MEMBERS ONLY.
There are only 150 tickets for sale.
At £20.00 this allows you access to all the events to watch or take part in and into the parts fair including the Saturday night dance.

PAY ON DAY for all events except the members night do.
Fees are- Parts fair entrance £2.00. Stalls are £30.00 dealers, £15.00 for second hand parts, only clothing stalls are the ones affiliated to BLOA.
Camping for whole weekend Friday and Saturday is £10.00.
Concours D'Elegance is £3.00.
Field events will be for a charity, so anything is welcome.
Very special trophies will be given for these events, probably the best you will ever see.

Members- tickets paid via PayPal as a gift to: innocentisx200@btinternet.com just your number is required. Thanks.
NEW MEMBERS- £10.00 FOR A YEAR. Pay as a gift please WITH YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS TO THE ABOVE PAYPAL. Or cheques etc, the address can be given if needed. Thanks.
coaster

Timbo wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:05 pm ........................Recce finished this weekend. This is the first BLOA rally, this is Sywell in between Kettering and Northampton. Last used as a rally site in 1960. This will be an authentic 1950's scooter rally following the ethos of the good old days!

Friday night will be for just setting up and camping or Hotel, and drinks in the bar. Food is available from the bar and restaurant.
Saturday will be the parts fair on the cordoned-off car park (pic 5), midday-ish will be the field activities (pic 3) including chariot racing, obstacle courses etc, a Miss Lambretta and a Mr. Lambretta competition. Finishing off with a Concours D'Elegance competition. All entrances for this will need to be started and ridden once around the car park. Under no circumstances Will I allow scooters to rock up in a van and be pushed in.

Saturday evening is for ticket holders and will be music/ buffet in the hall.
Tickets are for MEMBERS ONLY.
There are only 150 tickets for sale.
At £20.00 this allows you access to all the events to watch or take part in and into the parts fair including the Saturday night dance.

PAY ON DAY for all events except the members night do.
Fees are- Parts fair entrance £2.00. Stalls are £30.00 dealers, £15.00 for second hand parts, only clothing stalls are the ones affiliated to BLOA.
Camping for whole weekend Friday and Saturday is £10.00.
Concours D'Elegance is £3.00.
Field events will be for a charity, so anything is welcome.
Very special trophies will be given for these events, probably the best you will ever see.
That doesn't sound a whole lot different to other rallies to me :? I was born in 1954 so too young to have attended any 50's scooter events but I wouldn't mind betting they were far more 'staid' affairs (almost certainly without alcohol) than your members will be expecting. But then that is todays 'scene' I guess, it is very much todays take on what people who weren't born then THINK things were like, its a pastiche. I'm not bothered about that tbh, it adds to the variety. I hate to think of a rally attended only by people wearing shirts and ties and sipping ginger bear ;)

Regarding your wife Gavin, I haven't read any disparaging comments, only the fact that she is a director of the company so not sure why you are coming on with the bully boy tactics :?

As we are now talking to the real Spartacus, I will repeat what I said a few pages back, if you had taken the trouble to invent an original name for your enterprise, I would very likely have joined in the same way that I have subscriptions to Scootering AND Scooternova, I like supporting new ventures. But that is buggered now I afraid.
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

Sorry Coster, But I have no idea what you are talking about. Please let me know who my wife is? Also which company do I own? When I last looked I worked for a trailer company. Any enlightenment would be most grateful.
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Part of me thinks this thread should be locked pending the second IPO finding and, maybe, any subsequent legal action. However, I don't for one minute think that'll happen whilst the "hits" on this thread mount up for Mortons, sorry, Scooterotica. So, I'll chip in with a few points too but, before I do, let me just say (i) I don't know what is, is not, or once was on the BLOA facebook page, (ii) I am an LCGB member of many years and, yes, I remain supportive of the committee's stance on this issue.

Anyway, for what it is worth:
  • :cry: In the world I live and work in, to be found telling a lie is a very good indication that you are untrustworthy and prone to not telling the truth on other matters. The shenanigans with Mr. Frankland's identities on this forum can, in my opinion, be considered on these terms.

Mr. Frankland keeps on trotting out this line that the LCGB formed in 1978 and is nothing to do with the '74 LCGB, and the precedents including BLOA. Well, I do hope he has some proof of this as I have quite a long memory and I'd be very, very surprised if the current LCGB committee could not establish this as an untruth in a Court of Law.

Mr. Frankland/ Gav BLOA is, as I understand matters, correct in that there is no current court action. I would presume, although I don't really know, this would only be considered after the second IPO finding.

The vote in support of the LCGB committee's actions at the AGM (yes, I was there). It has been suggested that the motion was only carried unanimously because the vote "in support" was taken before "those against" and those against did not raise their hands as the motion had already been carried. Really? These people "against" were so lacking in moral fibre that they wouldn't even raise their hands. If that is true then I can only surmise that they never had the courage of their own convictions in the first place.

The narrative coming from BLOA is that they want to create a '50s and '60s feel to rallies (Miss and Mr Lambretta? Come on, this is 2018!). Given this, I'd be really surprised if Mr Frankland manages to sell enough tickets to cover his costs. Personally, I'd much rather be doing the LCGB Coast to Coast run on 21 April than watching a throwback to an age long since gone.
Rally220
Main scooter: Lambretta S2 TS1 240

Gav BLOA wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:54 pm Ok a quick reply, like you no bitching or falling out. BLOA finished in 1965. The new club under Bob Wilkison was the LCGB which ran until 1974ish. That club finished. end off. Kev and Co started LCGB as a new club with the term New Jet set for the magazine in 1978,completely new out look. Nobody was interested in BLOA or the old LCGB, this was a new club. Yes paperwork was handed over which I have seen and have copies on, dated 1st august 1983. But this was a historic badge that represented a club that ended in 1965. No one owned the rights to it. I have brought BLOA back to life, nothing to do with LCGB as what I've stated. I have copyrights to the name and badge because I feel it should not be left behind and forgot about. Before anyone starts, I have never fallen out with any members of the LCGB Committee, in fact I wouldn't know who they was if I sat down next to one. I never sent any letters to anyone or demanded anything from anyone. I am offering a new out look to scootering for anyone who would like something different. My rallies are nothing like the LCGB rallies, I even booked my rallies so that they wouldn't clash with others. I offer 1950's style scooter rallies. No one owns scooter rallies or clubs so I can't see why there is so much hassle. That's about it for that, I would also like to say that BLOA offers many quality deals, discount for members with Bikesure and footman James, discount with selected dealers for parts and labour, dating certificates and valuation certificates for £5.00 each with a 24 hours turnaround, a large catalogue of memorabilia to help people that have questions about certain machines. and a friendly page on facebook. Any questions please ask. Thank you.
So this isn't Gavin Frankland but a pseudonym ? Yeah right, you write in the same context and construct, yet another nail in your integrity coffin.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:28 pm No we have another Gav here as well, who does the forums and that. I work a lot of hours and I don't have time.
Oh, which one is it then as there's only 4 on the BLOA facebook site and not one of the other three have posted anything on there, nor are they moderators etc?
Donnie.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information