LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Sach
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Donnie wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:45 pmyawn........
Don’t read it then. I find it interesting.
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

It's all pretty pathetic really! I mean we all love scootering/lambrettas. A lot of individuals need to take a long hard look at themselves. I personally find it interesting to read other people's opinions on such matters, all hail the freedom of speech though.

Keep the thoughts coming please.

Merry Christmas to everyone whatever you ride. :D
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

I joined the LCGB for the 1st time last year, I thought it would be worth the annual fee to see what it was like. For me, I feel like there's a inner circle to the club that I'm not part of, I'm just a fee payer out on the periphery. Since joining I've kept an eye on the LCGB forum, but really it is very quiet & for me this forum provides far better content. Another negative for the LCGB forum is that the format is not mobile device friendly and it doesn't support apps like tapatalk. I did ask if it could be considered/added but got no reply.

As Gavin Frankland has said, this legal issue is a huge advert for the BLOA and it has lead me to their facebook page which I wasn't aware of and seems to be more in the spirit of what I was looking for.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

GeorgeS wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:22 pm I joined the LCGB for the 1st time last year, I thought it would be worth the annual fee to see what it was like. For me, I feel like there's a inner circle to the club that I'm not part of, I'm just a fee payer out on the periphery. Since joining I've kept an eye on the LCGB forum, but really it is very quiet & for me this forum provides far better content. Another negative for the LCGB forum is that the format is not mobile device friendly and it doesn't support apps like tapatalk. I did ask if it could be considered/added but got no reply.

LoL. That’s your membership revoked then mate!
Arcadia

GeorgeS wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:22 pm For me, I feel like there's a inner circle to the club that I'm not part of, I'm just a fee payer out on the periphery.
I think that sums up how a lot of people feel.

It seems like they just want more fee payers to top up their already bulging bank account, £200,000+ in the bank.
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

Scooterdude wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:37 am
GeorgeS wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:22 pm I joined the LCGB for the 1st time last year, I thought it would be worth the annual fee to see what it was like. For me, I feel like there's a inner circle to the club that I'm not part of, I'm just a fee payer out on the periphery. Since joining I've kept an eye on the LCGB forum, but really it is very quiet & for me this forum provides far better content. Another negative for the LCGB forum is that the format is not mobile device friendly and it doesn't support apps like tapatalk. I did ask if it could be considered/added but got no reply.

LoL. That’s your membership revoked then mate!
on the naughty step as well! Re the LCGB form I used to enjoy posting there- it was very helpful and full of interesting stuff. However, about 6 or 7 years back the LCGB banned all non- members from posting, and from then on it appears to have gone downhill. Obviously their rules etc but a general loss to scootering IMO.
Scootering since 1968.
Sach

Just out of interest,what’s the issue on people promoting products in the site? I remember someone asking some tech info on a certain lit and the designer of the kit replied and was told by admin that it’s borderline the way he replied.
servetapaul

Sach wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:48 pm Just out of interest,what’s the issue on people promoting products in the site? I remember someone asking some tech info on a certain lit and the designer of the kit replied and was told by admin that it’s borderline the way he replied.
It's always been an issue to 'advertise' but if certain dealers were mentioned it seemed to be ok 🙊
I am not bound to please thee with my answers - William Shakespeare
essexgp
Main scooter: Indian Gp200 Indian Gp Cutdown

on the naughty step as well! Re the LCGB form I used to enjoy posting there- it was very helpful and full of interesting stuff. However, about 6 or 7 years back the LCGB banned all non- members from posting, and from then on it appears to have gone downhill. Obviously their rules etc but a general loss to scootering IMO.
[/quote]

Why im on here! Much better forum and less back biting
corrado
Dealer

bristolmod wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:35 pm
The LCGB see the forum as a benefit to paying members and not a ban on anyone who's not a member.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information