LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Well, the only thing I can conclude is that, regardless of the rights and wrongs, I don't like either side particularly. Nobody is going to win.
eden
Dealer

Doom Patrol wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:00 pm Well, the only thing I can conclude is that, regardless of the rights and wrongs, I don't like either side particularly. Nobody is going to win.
Very true :( how was it allowed to come to this?
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sywell_Aerodrome

The last bit of the ww2 section is intetesting.

Just saying.
Am not interested in casusing another debate.

I still enjoy watching the battle of britain film. First saw it in 73.
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

wrecklessrobbie wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:29 pm https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sywell_Aerodrome

The last bit of the ww2 section is interesting.

Just saying.
Am not interested in causing another debate.

I still enjoy watching the battle of britain film. First saw it in 73.
coaster

eden wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:51 pm Apparently I said something that upset someone :( sorry everyone.
Seems a two way conversation isn't something that some people comprehend.
Surely if something was said that wasn't correct there is the opportunity here to reply to correct it? If I said something so outrageous that they felt the topic should be shut down I would like to know what that was as I've only commented on what i believe to be true based on my experiences. If I am wrong in something I have said I would appreciate it if they would educate me on those points rather than them just try to shut down conversations with no explanation as to why.

Everyone including me needs more info from both sides to make a final decision where they stand.... Open discussion is the only way that can happen. Being preached too from one side while the other side is being shouted down isn't helping anyone.
TBH the fact LCGB want that other topic locked just reinforces my dim view of them :( However its not yet known if the request was made by a single person who is on the committee or by a person on behalf of the committee.

Can we clear that up at least?
I agree, open discussion is good but the subject being discussed is the rights or wrongs of Gavin Frankland obtaining or attempting to obtain the rights to the BLOA name and or images. The make up of the LCGB committee or anyone's opinion of them has nothing to do with the debate at all and only stirs up resentment and muddies the issue imho.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I also agree, but the attempt to discredit GF which was clearly orchestrated by members of the LCGB and possibly with the committees blessing was nothing short of shameful.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

I haven't seen this attempt to discredit, unless I simply dismissed it as nonsense of course.
On the other hand I haven't seen anyone accuse anyone of being 'a filthy paedo & a racist' on here yet either -so look on the bright side eh?
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

And on, and on, and on...

Ariston.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
coaster

Timbo wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:11 am I also agree, but the attempt to discredit GF which was clearly orchestrated by members of the LCGB and possibly with the committees blessing was nothing short of shameful.
Tim, you are talking out of your arse again and arguing just for the sake of it. The LCGB have done nothing wrong here, they are just defending what any reasonable person would regard as theft of the clubs heritage (legal or not). GF's history and character are central to the argument, the LCGB committee isn't.

Do you have any evidence that we are operating under LCGB committee direction? .....no I didn't think so :roll:
I only now two of them and only spoke briefly to one of them at the AGM. My opinion was influenced by what I heard at the AGM by speaking to other members in the bar afterwards and by what I have read on here and other social media sites. I have not heard one single word from the various Gavins or his band of brothers that would come even close to changing my view.
Nic

eden wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:16 pm
Doom Patrol wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:00 pm Well, the only thing I can conclude is that, regardless of the rights and wrongs, I don't like either side particularly. Nobody is going to win.
Very true :( how was it allowed to come to this?
Because a chancer like Gavin Frankland tried to steal part of our Club's history and was backed by people like you. Simples.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information