LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

corrado wrote:
I've been a member of quite a few forums that have been accused of "being a clique" generally from people who've never posted. On here there's over 4,000 members and it's a fair bet that 50% have never posted. Probably a hardcore of 10% who make 90% of all posts but they get accused of being a clique.
Looks like these cliques are all down to one bloke. Image
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Whatever.
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

In everything, you get out what you put in.
MaDMAn

Arcadia wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:28 pm The current committee ousted Kev Walsh with a vote-off, then changed the constitution to stop individual members being voted off...so that only the entire committee can be voted off. So if you turn on one....you turn on all. They rely on that twist to keep them in, and questions to their ‘authority’ kept out.

The even sadder fact is, the LCGB is actually a really great club. It has thousands of excellent members who are very passionate. Unfortunately though, a couple of bad apples at the top have a personal agenda to enforce...and enforce it they will.

Ask the wrong question once, you get your membership revoked to silence you. Ask the wrong question twice, you might get duffed up in the bogs. Walk away peacefully and start up an alternative club...expect legal action.

There’s a lot of money in the club funds. £7000 sledgehammer to crack a walnut springs to mind...and the hammer ain’t stopped swinging yet. Wait till the current numbnuts get it taken off them, the bill will be bigger yet.

Still...we all get a diary and a badge/neck warmer each year, so best not ask any questions eh!

Merry Christmas
Yes, I remember hearing the story about the time an LCGB committee member beat up a club member in the toilets at a meeting, what kind of behavior is that? There was another incident in Peterborough as well. It's also rumored there are rallies which 'ran at a loss' and still haven't had accounts submitted for them years later, most club members don't even know/care that they can demand a set of accounts to check how their funds are being spent. Let's not forget last year when the club shop was accused of being used to fund jollies to places a club shop wasn't required. Now we have 'BLOA-gate' with the committee chucking funds around in order to exert some artificial power they believe they hold over everyone else, and for what gain? Seriously, what will club members actually gain or benefit from if the LCGB crush Gavin Franklands new BLOA club in court? Some committee members see themselves as all-powerful elite 'not to be messed with' but the truth is, they are just custodians of the clubs funds and can be removed at any time...if voting members cared/dared.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

corrado wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:39 pm The LCGB see the forum as a benefit to paying members and not a ban on anyone who's not a member.
I always wonder WHO the LCGB is, when people say 'the LCGB this' and 'the LCGB that' etc...?

More specifically, it is a club of some 5/6000 (ish) members, now I've no idea how many of those actually attend LCGB events, let alone how many people run the club and are committee members etc. So who/what are 'the LCGB'... it's quite a broad term.

Personally, I was really pleased when 'the LCGB' decided the forum was a benefit only to paying members and not anyone who's not a member, as it meant Scooterotica membership rocketed. Being the then co-owner, that was great. Now, it doesn't matter to me either way. But as an observer, I'd be interested in how many people actually were responsible for that decision (ie - was it say 25 out of 6000?) because, in my humble opinion, it did nothing at all to disprove the elitist reputation which the LCGB seem to be constantly accused of.

Plus...how many years had the forum run up until this 'paying members only' rule became the new standard? It certainly seemed more open, welcome and inviting up until that point.

Still, not my concern really, just an interesting observation.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

To be fair (i think?) the LCGB forum is open to anyone to read, they just can't post. If anyone feels strongly about wanting to post, pay the £20 and your up and running.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

mick1 wrote:To be fair (i think?) the LCGB forum is open to anyone to read, they just can't post. If anyone feels strongly about wanting to post, pay the £20 and your up and running.
Totally agree, I was just making an observation of how these decisions can be perceived, rather than the practicalities.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

mick1 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:44 am To be fair (i think?) the LCGB forum is open to anyone to read, they just can't post. If anyone feels strongly about wanting to post, pay the £20 and your up and running.

....until you say something "contentious"......
Scootering since 1968.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Not looked for years but there is a section of the forum that’s not visible to non members......general chat I think..
a.j

Timbo wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:05 pm
corrado wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:25 pm

I've been a member of quite a few forums that have been accused of "being a clique" generally from people who've never posted. On here there's over 4,000 members and it's a fair bet that 50% have never posted. Probably a hardcore of 10% who make 90% of all posts but they get accused of being a clique.
..........but none as clique as the LCGB..... :roll:
It isn't like that at all, of that I can assure you. It has it's faults, sure, but I have made some good friends in the LCGB.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information