LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
servetakid
Main scooter: Jet 200

Gav BLOA wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:59 pm Just a quick one about a name change. As mentioned this would be against the ethos of what I am doing. I have members in bloa that never joined the LCGB in the 1960's. For whatever reason. They are over the moon that it is now back. I think just that alone warrants my actions. As this is a hobby and at the end of the day clubs will still function whether you are in or out, so getting emotionally involved is a pointless exercise. Embrace what you have and enjoy for what you like doing.

Gav BLOA wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:20 pm Righty O, back again. Just a quick note from Gavin. "There is no case, IPO Cancellation no OP000408980 removes section 5(1), 5(2)(a)and (b) and 5 (3) which in our terms is any trademark or copyright grounds. The LCGB knew this on the 11th January 2018 and still went ahead at the AGM and put into print in the current issue of Jetset a right load of twoddle. We are going to do this and that...impossible. The case is closed. The only thing still going on is section 3 (3)(a) and (B), this section isn't in hard print but in pen. It basically says, how can an individual take up a name and use it and deceive people .That's it...... I recently got sent a letter from the IPO stating that someone wanted to use the wording Lambretta in there products, because I am recognized with the IPO they made contact with me to see if I wanted to oppose it, which of course I didn't. Also noted is on the 22nd February Ebay cancelled all of the BLOA items for sale by the LCGB on ebay as it was an infringement of copyright. For them to act on this you must supply evidence for your claim, that I did and that was the result. It does seem strange that people that was around in 1978 have joined BLOA, 100% behind it. This club has nothing to do with the LCGB, different style of club, run by the club. When you start to dig deeper you start to find out what actually happened, not what people who have recently joined the scene think or thought they knew. We are talking 30 years +Lambretta ownership. I deal in facts not fiction. 1978 is the key here. I have no issues with the LCGB, no need to. We as a club are quite happy doing our own thing in a way we all like, we all speak for ourselves on any issues. If people can't see fact from fiction that isn't really our fault, sorry but that's how it is, Bonjour "

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6287

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6288

Confused?
Rally220
Main scooter: Lambretta S2 TS1 240

servetakid wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:13 am
Gav BLOA wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:59 pm Just a quick one about a name change. As mentioned this would be against the ethos of what I am doing. I have members in bloa that never joined the LCGB in the 1960's. For whatever reason. They are over the moon that it is now back. I think just that alone warrants my actions. As this is a hobby and at the end of the day clubs will still function whether you are in or out, so getting emotionally involved is a pointless exercise. Embrace what you have and enjoy for what you like
Gav BLOA wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:20 pm Righty O, back again. Just a quick note from Gavin. "There is no case, IPO Cancellation no OP000408980 removes section 5(1), 5(2)(a)and (b) and 5 (3) which in our terms is any trademark or copyright grounds. The LCGB knew this on the 11th January 2018 and still went ahead at the AGM and put into print in the current issue of Jetset a right load of twoddle. We are going to do this and that...impossible. The case is closed. The only thing still going on is section 3 (3)(a) and (B), this section isn't in hard print but in pen. It basically says, how can an individual take up a name and use it and deceive people .That's it...... I recently got sent a letter from the IPO stating that someone wanted to use the wording Lambretta in there products, because I am recognized with the IPO they made contact with me to see if I wanted to oppose it, which of course I didn't. Also noted is on the 22nd February Ebay cancelled all of the BLOA items for sale by the LCGB on ebay as it was an infringement of COPYRIGHT. For them to act on this you must supply evidence for your claim, that I did and that was the result. It does seem strange that people that was around in 1978 have joined BLOA, 100% behind it. This club has nothing to do with the LCGB, different style of club, run by the club. When you start to dig deeper you start to find out what actually happened, not what people who have recently joined the scene think or thought they knew. We are talking 30 years +Lambretta ownership. I deal in facts not fiction. 1978 is the key here. I have no issues with the LCGB, no need to. We as a club are quite happy doing our own thing in a way we all like, we all speak for ourselves on any issues. If people can't see fact from fiction that isn't really our fault, sorry but that's how it is, Bonjour "

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6287

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6288

Confused?
Now I’m getting confused, he pulls me up for mentioning copyright but then uses the same phrase himself. Is it trademark or copyright? Make your mind up, detention is looming.
Gav BLOA
Main scooter: lambretta

Looks like his has now been actioned.
Gav BLOA

Both sections that have been thrown out are trademarks and the other copyright. I can't see where or how you are getting confused. If you read it all properly it's pretty much clear. You are making no sense at all. Go and have a cup of tea and have a nap. Then come back with a strong question. I can't be any more helpful than that.
servetakid

Rally220 whatever suit him at the time... :roll:

I'm also curious about this phrase?
We as a club are quite happy doing our own thing in a way we all like, we all speak for ourselves on any issues.
Who is we? Gav and his misses?
The LCGB get a right slagging over its constitution, its committee, its AGM process.
Where is all this in the this version of BLOA?
Gav BLOA

We are the club on the Facebook page. All open and free speech, if you are a member. Another stupid point. Start getting real and say something worth saying.
Rally220
Main scooter: Lambretta S2 TS1 240

I’ve asked a straight question but it’s been avoided. Speaks volumes about this persons integrity.
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

He has a lot of "nothing" to say and very frequently; be good if he could spell as well !
servetakid

Gav BLOA wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:15 am We are the club on the Facebook page. All open and free speech, if you are a member. Another stupid point. Start getting real and say something worth saying.
It's not a stupid point.

https://personal.natwest.com/personal/l ... -club.html

https://www.resourcecentre.org.uk/infor ... p-started/

https://www.resourcecentre.org.uk/infor ... titutions/

The links above are guides to how a club should be set up.
So I am curious to what exactly your club has in the way of a committee, constitution, AGM etc? Or the processes you are currently undertaking to get these in place. I think that is a totally reasonable question, and why wouldn't you want to answer the question?

However, at the moment all I'm seeing gifting money to a private paypal and a facebook page ran by you and your misses. So I find it quite amusing that half your members are people who have beef with the LCGB for their constitution/agm/committee, but nothing appears to be forthcoming from BLOA on this side of the argument.
Last edited by servetakid on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Chris in Margate wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:21 am He has a lot of "nothing" to say and very frequently; be good if he could spell as well !
Chris please don’t go down the spelling route. I always think someone’s lost the argument when they resort to this. The vast majority posting can’t spell or don’t have a good use of grammar, me included. 😉
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information