LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
a.j

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:54 pmThis isn't get pissed and roll around a camp site. It's a rally with high standards. Not for everybody I know, but good standards is not for everyone.
Thats me f*cked then. Cheers anyway.
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

No worries AJ. Yes there is Gav Bloa who helps out and me. As said ALREADY I dont usually do forums but had to join to clear things up. No confusion really.
As for the other, all has been explained before and before that.
servetakid
Main scooter: Jet 200

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:45 pm Yes some right corkers on here. Inspector Clouseau aka Donnie Canning, Rally 220 who runs in the room shouts a swear word and runs back out, Storkfoot who doesn't know why he voted at the AGM. Servetakid aka Leslie Nielsen and good old Chris from Sunny Margate who is the new Carol Vorderman of the scooter scene. I certainly got my share this time.😳 But makes me smile at least. No idea who the drunk was at AGM speaking but I'll give him a big thumbs up as well. 👍
In that case are you Gollum or Sméagol, or is Dr Jeckle and Mr Hyde more appropriate? :roll: :roll:
or would I be better asking Gav? :lol: :lol:
servetakid
Main scooter: Jet 200

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:58 pm A.j the difference is you will be with me.🤗.. I think you need to join the Facebook page to enlighten you on this matter.
This whole club is completely different from the LCGB. This is the thing I can't understand reading these comments. It's all been explained time and time again. The lad who started this thread put up an outstanding piece which explained it. Far better than what I can. The name is what it is, once you see what's happening then it will become clearer and hopefully things will fall into place. It can't happened over night, it took the LCGB a couple of years to get going, the same will be with BLOA. Some people really need to start shaking there heads a bit and read was has been said by others. Not the witch hunters but the people that know what they are talking about. No need to cut your nose off.
So completely different that the name used is that of the precursor club to the LCGB... :roll:

Genuine question, why choose the name if you wanted the 'whole club to be completely different'. I really do not understand because at the end of the day you'll never shake of the history of the name, which will always be linked to the LCGB.
Gavin J Frankland

The best answer I can give servetakid is the reason why.bloa was dropped because it was outdated. A new name and a new direction. Mid 60's Scootering was more for racing etc. Not sitting in a field doing field games. I wanted to go back to the old style. It doesn't matter if people will still think it's linked. The fact is it is different. Even if it was the best thing ever people would still argue about it.
Sach
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

servetakid wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:23 pm
Gavin J Frankland wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:58 pm A.j the difference is you will be with me.🤗.. I think you need to join the Facebook page to enlighten you on this matter.
This whole club is completely different from the LCGB. This is the thing I can't understand reading these comments. It's all been explained time and time again. The lad who started this thread put up an outstanding piece which explained it. Far better than what I can. The name is what it is, once you see what's happening then it will become clearer and hopefully things will fall into place. It can't happened over night, it took the LCGB a couple of years to get going, the same will be with BLOA. Some people really need to start shaking there heads a bit and read was has been said by others. Not the witch hunters but the people that know what they are talking about. No need to cut your nose off.
So completely different that the name used is that of the precursor club to the LCGB... :roll:

Genuine question, why choose the name if you wanted the 'whole club to be completely different'..
I read it as wanted it to be different to what’s being offered to the lcgb events at the mo. Just an alternative with a bit of Nostalgia to it.
nastro azzurro

Same for me. Something different may be a refreshing change.
I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve been.

And names?
Names is for tombstones, baby!
Gavin J Frankland

Servettakid, the name got binned in1965, used once for a charity event and put on 2 magazines. It's a bit like a Phoenix, but you need to know the history of the original clubs and the ones brought back to life again. You will then see the vast difference, in what Bloa stood for then and what the 2 LCGB clubs stood for and stand for now.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:52 pm You can, but you can get pissed anywhere.

Right. So ginger beer it is then with buttered scones and lashings of cream and strawberry jam!

The couple of rallies I attended last year it seemed that a good few were pissed, and why the hell not? Guy’s had probably been working hard all week so what better way to relax and unwind by having a few beers with yer scooter mates at a rally, and apart from anything else a good ole drink does help if when you return to your tent and its either to hot or its to cold or you wouldn’t otherwise sleep because your forced to listen to bald fat blokes snoring and farting all night! :roll:
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

...........i resent that statement...............i am not bald !!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information