LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Wicker baskets, tartan panniers and absolutely lashings of ginger beer?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

Shame as you really are missing out, not Facebook but to fully see what it's all about. The trophies I've made are probably the best you would have seen. 100% thought and effort had gone into them and any winner will be chuffed to bits. Saturday there will be field activities, assault course, chariot racing etc followed by a concours d'elegance by riden machines, not scooters out of a van. Saturday night for members is a Dj with a meal. This isn't get pissed and roll around a camp site. It's a rally with high standards. Not for everybody I know, but good standards is not for everyone.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

What, a scooter rally you cant get pissed at ??? :o
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

You can, but you can get pissed anywhere.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

I'm getting really confused here, 1st of all we have a user called Gav BLOA who has posted
Gav BLOA wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:32 pm No problem Mr Storkfoot, For those that know me I have almost 1 of every model, including a innocenti racer and other rare machines. I also have a vast memorabilia collection. The pattern here is that I'm not out to make a fast buck, I could have done that when I owned Lambretta innocenti ltd. My passion is with innocenti in its hay day. Up until mid 60's. I have no real interest in the sporting side of it when basically when the LCGB started that was really only keeping the momentum going. I can't say what you have said is either right or wrong. I personally dont have any issues with LCGB. I've bought bloa fair and square. The reason why I am using bloa I've mentioned before. This might not answer all questions but I can't really put a fight up because there isn't a fight. Thanks
Gav BLOA wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:54 pm I have brought BLOA back to life, nothing to do with LCGB as what I've stated. I have copyrights to the name and badge because I feel it should not be left behind and forgot about. Before anyone starts, I have never fallen out with any members of the LCGB Committee, in fact I wouldn't know who they was if I sat down next to one. I never sent any letters to anyone or demanded anything from anyone. I am offering a new out look to scootering for anyone who would like something different. My rallies are nothing like the LCGB rallies, I even booked my rallies so that they wouldn't clash with others. I offer 1950's style scooter rallies.
Gav BLOA wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:42 pm Camlab and others have done nothing wrong. They have never bullied other lambretta owners who have tried to make a few quid by selling items. They was sent letters by the LCGB who had no rights to do this. I put a stop to bullying.

So is clearly posting as Gavin Frankland, but we then have another user called Gavin J Frankland who claims that Gav BLOA isn't him but is someone else called Gav who is a member of BLOA.

Then we also read in those posts that Gavin does not have any issues with LCGB, but then we find that he has stopped LCGB from selling BLOA merchandise because LCGB are bullies who stop others from selling it....even though they do not have any rights to it and have not used it.

There is contradiction all over the place here.

Like many others I have no issues with there being another National Lambretta Club, and I would have happily joined, but to use a name that is used by LCGB and stop them from selling merchandise using images created by Mike Kerslake who gave LCGB sole permission to use that logo certainly feels like there is an agenda here. This feels very underhand and at no point would anyone have thought that this would not have caused issues.

Even if legally able to do this, morally this stinks, just reading this thread it is clear to see that this is not good for the Lambretta owners 'scene' and is creating friction for what seems to be a personal vendetta.
Nudger
Main scooter: Li 150 Special

Nail-on-head Burnside. My thoughts exactly.
shocky

Burnside wrote:I'm getting really confused here, 1st of all we have a user called Gav BLOA who has posted
Gav BLOA wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:32 pm No problem Mr Storkfoot, For those that know me I have almost 1 of every model, including a innocenti racer and other rare machines. I also have a vast memorabilia collection. The pattern here is that I'm not out to make a fast buck, I could have done that when I owned Lambretta innocenti ltd. My passion is with innocenti in its hay day. Up until mid 60's. I have no real interest in the sporting side of it when basically when the LCGB started that was really only keeping the momentum going. I can't say what you have said is either right or wrong. I personally dont have any issues with LCGB. I've bought bloa fair and square. The reason why I am using bloa I've mentioned before. This might not answer all questions but I can't really put a fight up because there isn't a fight. Thanks
Gav BLOA wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:54 pm I have brought BLOA back to life, nothing to do with LCGB as what I've stated. I have copyrights to the name and badge because I feel it should not be left behind and forgot about. Before anyone starts, I have never fallen out with any members of the LCGB Committee, in fact I wouldn't know who they was if I sat down next to one. I never sent any letters to anyone or demanded anything from anyone. I am offering a new out look to scootering for anyone who would like something different. My rallies are nothing like the LCGB rallies, I even booked my rallies so that they wouldn't clash with others. I offer 1950's style scooter rallies.
Gav BLOA wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:42 pm Camlab and others have done nothing wrong. They have never bullied other lambretta owners who have tried to make a few quid by selling items. They was sent letters by the LCGB who had no rights to do this. I put a stop to bullying.

So is clearly posting as Gavin Frankland, but we then have another user called Gavin J Frankland who claims that Gav BLOA isn't him but is someone else called Gav who is a member of BLOA.

Then we also read in those posts that Gavin does not have any issues with LCGB, but then we find that he has stopped LCGB from selling BLOA merchandise because LCGB are bullies who stop others from selling it....even though they do not have any rights to it and have not used it.

There is contradiction all over the place here.

Like many others I have no issues with there being another National Lambretta Club, and I would have happily joined, but to use a name that is used by LCGB and stop them from selling merchandise using images created by Mike Kerslake who gave LCGB sole permission to use that logo certainly feels like there is an agenda here. This feels very underhand and at no point would anyone have thought that this would not have caused issues.

Even if legally able to do this, morally this stinks, just reading this thread it is clear to see that this is not good for the Lambretta owners 'scene' and is creating friction for what seems to be a personal vendetta.
You sound like a cut and paste kinda guy who "tows"the party line ?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Burnside

shocky wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:52 pm You sound like a cut and paste kinda guy who "tows"the party line ?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Tow's the party line, which party is that?

I am an LCGB member and have been for around 10 years and I attend some LCGB rallies each year along with a couple of Nationals and local rallies. I don't attend the AGM, I have no interest in the runnings of LCGB or any politics associated, I just enjoy riding my Lambretta to rallies across the country and in Europe with good mates and like minded people.

I just read through this thread and am quite staggered by all the goings on, it seems to me to be deliberately divisive which is a shame as a new National Lambretta Club could be a really good thing as it gives people more options, but instead the way that it has been formed and the shenanigans with copyrighting a name and image that another club uses and blocking them from selling their merchandise, etc. is just creating a rift, which I am sure nobody wants.

But it also makes me laugh that the anti-LCGB brigade bang on about the LCGB committee being a closed shop and being a dictatorship have rebelled against this by joining a club that is owned and run by a single person and pay their membership fee to a personal account with no visibility of where that money goes. I think I will stick with a club that is run by a committee that can be voted in and out by the members, membership is paid into a club account and the accounts are published each year so that the members can see exactly where their money is being spent.

As for cutting and pasting, apologies for quoting what he/they actually wrote to highlight the contradictions.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

As I have said on several occasions BLOA members can vote with their feet which will have more effect than the equivalent LCGB members not renewing ( this is not a dig at the LCGB 🙄). £10 is not a lot to gamble on someone....my gut says Sywell on the 20/21st April will be a great rally and the chance to meet both Mr Franklin’s....😆
Burnside

Timbo wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:25 pm As I have said on several occasions BLOA members can vote with their feet which will have more effect than the equivalent LCGB members not renewing ( this is not a dig at the LCGB 🙄). £10 is not a lot to gamble on someone....my gut says Sywell on the 20/21st April will be a great rally and the chance to meet both Mr Franklin’s....😆
I'm sure it will be, but also think it could be a lot better were it not for all this nonsense and the us and them split it seems to have caused
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information