LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

bolzenanker wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:49 am So, pondering what might happen next.

Seeing as the copyright and trademarks Mr Frankland has registered are either opposed or worthless, plus as he stated he would'nt sue anybody for using them, the question would be why bother trying to register them anyway? But I think that has been pointed out already.

Next step, I suppose is the LCGB have or will issue some kind of 'cease and desist' letter, and if Mr Frankland ignores this, then he'll be sued for infringement, firstly to stop the continued use of the BLOA name and shield, plus possibly for the costs, which have been reported at many thousands of pounds. Hopefully the next New Jetset will keep us informed.
Seems to me the next step is you waiting in the wings with the smell of blood in your nostrils just waiting to tear him to shreds with the rest of your pack. Good work.
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

Not at all Doom Patrol. I joined the BLOA early on, no. 42 I think not realising the name problem. I probably thought it was the British Lambretta Riders Association, another Facebook Group. Only later did it become apparent to me there was an issue. I haven't cancelled my membership and have (almost) pleaded with Gavin to change the name to put an end to this where fellow Lambretta riders are at odds with each other, and also so I could get on with putting a couple of the rallies on my calendar.

If Gavin could change the name after all this, I'd be really happy and if he'd accept it, buy him a drink at one of the events to say thanks.

I really don't think there is a pack mentality, definitely not from me, just possibly a frustration that this hasn't been resolved well before the season starts. Simply put, if the name is dropped then that's the end of it for me, and I reckon the other LCGB members, Gavin has some great ideas and hats off to him for everything he's trying to do, with only one exception, the name.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Gav BLOA wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:45 pm Crikey, try and do a favor and all hell breaks loose.
Gavin J Frankland wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:45 pm Yes some right corkers on here. Inspector Clouseau aka Donnie Canning, Rally 220 who runs in the room shouts a swear word and runs back out, Storkfoot who doesn't know why he voted at the AGM. Servetakid aka Leslie Nielsen and good old Chris from Sunny Margate who is the new Carol Vorderman of the scooter scene. I certainly got my share this time.😳 But makes me smile at least. No idea who the drunk was at AGM speaking but I'll give him a big thumbs up as well. 👍
Now you're actually replying to yourself?
Donnie.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

B-Race Tuning wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:06 pm Would "British Association (of) Lambretta Owners" or "Great British Lambretta Club" or even "Vespa Collective (of) Britain" be allowed? Just asking, like. Simon.
B.O.L.L.O.C.K.S. for short. :lol:
a.j

rosscla wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:13 pm I think we also learned that most members of the LCGB, that are willing to speak out , are reasonably happy with the LCGB and what it provides for them but there's a significant and vocal group of people who're very unhappy with the LCGB and the way it's being run.
This is what I can't get my swede around. What will BLOA do that's any different to what the LCGB do? I mean, riding somewhere, pitching up & having a few beers & a chat, listen to some music & stuffing your face is the same wherever you go surely? :?
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

A.j the difference is you will be with me.🤗.. I think you need to join the Facebook page to enlighten you on this matter.
This whole club is completely different from the LCGB. This is the thing I can't understand reading these comments. It's all been explained time and time again. The lad who started this thread put up an outstanding piece which explained it. Far better than what I can. The name is what it is, once you see what's happening then it will become clearer and hopefully things will fall into place. It can't happened over night, it took the LCGB a couple of years to get going, the same will be with BLOA. Some people really need to start shaking there heads a bit and read was has been said by others. Not the witch hunters but the people that know what they are talking about. No need to cut your nose off.
cartmel808
Main scooter: 1975 Vespa Rally 200 Femsa

....just sayingImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

🤘🛵🤘could well be.. I do have 1. Plus various Capri scooters. 🛵🛵🛵
a.j

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:58 pm A.j the difference is you will be with me.🤗.. I think you need to join the Facebook page to enlighten you on this matter.
This whole club is completely different from the LCGB. This is the thing I can't understand reading these comments. It's all been explained time and time again. The lad who started this thread put up an outstanding piece which explained it. Far better than what I can. The name is what it is, once you see what's happening then it will become clearer and hopefully things will fall into place. It can't happened over night, it took the LCGB a couple of years to get going, the same will be with BLOA. Some people really need to start shaking there heads a bit and read was has been said by others. Not the witch hunters but the people that know what they are talking about. No need to cut your nose off.
I'm in the LCGB & that'll do fine for this cat. I have no interest in facebook shennanigans to be fair, so if you could enlighten me as to why BLOA is vastly different I'd appreciate that. No strings attached to this request, I'd like to genuinely know & you never know, you might turn my head.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

a.j wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:10 pm
This is what I can't get my swede around. What will BLOA do that's any different to what the LCGB do? I mean, riding somewhere, pitching up & having a few beers & a chat, listen to some music & stuffing your face is the same wherever you go surely? :?
I'm not much of a rally goer (one maybe two per year), but I couldn't help wondering the same.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information