LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I think we also learned that most members of the LCGB, that are willing to speak out , are reasonably happy with the LCGB and what it provides for them but there's a significant and vocal group of people who're very unhappy with the LCGB and the way it's being run. Whether they're inside or outside, or it's personal or practical isn't so clear.

It looks like there is definitely an appetite for an alternative it's just a bit unfortunate that the alternative that's being offered has been established in such an obviously provocative way.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

rosscla wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:13 pm
It looks like there is definitely an appetite for an alternative it's just a bit unfortunate that the alternative that's being offered has been established in such an obviously provocative way.
Not necessarily an alternative to the LCGB but I was hoping it would be an addition to the calander as opposed to an alternative.
Ive been on a few LCGB rallies now and have really enjoyed them and as ive got older found myself shying away from certain types of rallies so another option is always a good thing. Problem with this "BLOA" is the sour taste the whole thing has left has meant I cant even consider going to one any longer.
Donnie.
B-Race Tuning
Main scooter: Lambro, GP.

Would "British Association (of) Lambretta Owners" or "Great British Lambretta Club" or even "Vespa Collective (of) Britain" be allowed? Just asking, like. Simon.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

rosscla wrote:I think we also learned that most members of the LCGB, that are willing to speak out , are reasonably happy with the LCGB and what it provides for them but there's a significant and vocal group of people who're very unhappy with the LCGB and the way it's being run. Whether they're inside or outside, or it's personal or practical isn't so clear.

Well, as I said... “Everything else is conjecture, speculation and opinion...”
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Gav BLOA
Main scooter: lambretta

Crikey, try and do a favor and all hell breaks loose.
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

Yes some right corkers on here. Inspector Clouseau aka Donnie Canning, Rally 220 who runs in the room shouts a swear word and runs back out, Storkfoot who doesn't know why he voted at the AGM. Servetakid aka Leslie Nielsen and good old Chris from Sunny Margate who is the new Carol Vorderman of the scooter scene. I certainly got my share this time.😳 But makes me smile at least. No idea who the drunk was at AGM speaking but I'll give him a big thumbs up as well. 👍
shocky

I thought this pop up advert was quite apt Image

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

What's in your google history then?? 🤔Come on and tell the class..
shocky

ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

So, pondering what might happen next.

Seeing as the copyright and trademarks Mr Frankland has registered are either opposed or worthless, plus as he stated he would'nt sue anybody for using them, the question would be why bother trying to register them anyway? But I think that has been pointed out already.

Next step, I suppose is the LCGB have or will issue some kind of 'cease and desist' letter, and if Mr Frankland ignores this, then he'll be sued for infringement, firstly to stop the continued use of the BLOA name and shield, plus possibly for the costs, which have been reported at many thousands of pounds. Hopefully the next New Jetset will keep us informed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information