LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

Rally220 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:33 pm
GTFOMWSC wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:05 pm
Rally220 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:36 pm

Exactly, I'm firmly of the opinion its all about the name and cashing in on it. Looking at the produce, even the circular lights get a hefty mark up from the ones on eBay for having the BLOA name on them.
Hasn't got the imagination to form a new club with a new name.
Then you look at the banner he's produced, only need one word inserting under the 'Lambretta' and thats another name ripped off. I await the accusation we are all 'crayon eaters' and the BLOA is a 'happy ship' etc etc.zzzzzzzzzzzzz :roll:
it's quite obvious you have a personel grudge against Gavin by your comments from what i see hows he upset you then?
Think what you like, I’ve stated my position. Nothing more.
not quite right you've had a go at him in previous posts re his scoots on this thread so i assume there must be somehing or to me it's coming across that way
the man don't give a f@@k
MaDMAn

When is this guy getting a solicitors letter from LCGB for use of BLOA logos? http://www.scooterproducts.com/catalog. ... ta%20Clubs
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

Timbo wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:41 am
servetakid wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:29 am
Gav BLOA wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:15 am We are the club on the Facebook page. All open and free speech, if you are a member. Another stupid point. Start getting real and say something worth saying.
It's not a stupid point.

https://personal.natwest.com/personal/l ... -club.html

https://www.resourcecentre.org.uk/infor ... p-started/

https://www.resourcecentre.org.uk/infor ... titutions/

The links above are guides to how a club should be set up.
So I am curious to what exactly your club has in the way of a committee, constitution, AGM etc? Or the processes you are currently undertaking to get these in place. I think that is a totally reasonable question, and why wouldn't you want to answer the question?

However, at the moment all I'm seeing gifting money to a private paypal and a facebook page ran by you and your misses. So I find it quite amusing that half your members are people who have beef with the LCGB for their constitution/agm/committee, but nothing appears to be forthcoming from BLOA on this side of the argument.

I’m a member of BLOA. I see someone trying very hard to run a club with old values harking back to the 50’sand 60’s and I am looking forward to the first rally at Sywell in April. I know Sywell well and there’s great modern facilities including a brilliant WW11 museum. I’m not generally a rally goer as getting drunk for 3 days and queuing for food is not my thing (I appreciate that you don’t have to go to a rally just to get drunk). The fact that the club is being run by one person sits comfortably with me at the moment. If things aren’t run as I like, or I feel i’m being ripped off and Mr Franklin is just in it to make money (as accused by an ex LCGB committee member) then I will indeed vote.........with my feet.
i too am with you on that if i don't like what i see i'll be leaving but i'm willing to see what it has to offer
the man don't give a f@@k
Arcadia

MaDMAn wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:12 pm When is this guy getting a solicitors letter from LCGB for use of BLOA logos? http://www.scooterproducts.com/catalog. ... ta%20Clubs
Can't imagine it will be anytime soon :lol:
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

I have had to join this forum to clear a few things up and to find out who's saying what. I don't do forums as a rule, can't be doing with play ground mentality.
First of all, who's the gob shite that has mentioned Claire? You f@@king low life scumbag. f@@king arse holes like you don't belong on any scene. Prick. She has no knowledge or interest in the scooter scene.
Secondly, what with all the questions? It's been said a thousand times what's what and a lot of still don't get it. It's a new club. You have to start somewhere.
Thirdly. thanks for the intelligent people on here trying to help the needed, it's not rocket science, it's a club. Run by the club as stated. If you can't grasp that then tuff luck.
Forthly, why would I send letters to anyone? I'm not a shallow tw@7.

For the record, Mr Kunman lives in the next village, he knows sod all about what crap was said at the AGM. He does not support what was said. Pack of lies . I've asked him to Sywell, might as well as his old business was there. Lambretta licensing, you might know of it.

I'm here now, so any more questions I will help with. Any wankers saying s**t about me it bloa , do one.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Timbo wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:05 am
mick1 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:48 am As it stands the LCGB are doing a better PR job by maintaining a dignified silence (on a "neutral" forum).
Sorry Mick that’s b@11@x. They would have been told by their solicitors not to respond to any comments.
Just my opinion but a post many pages back was carefully written with committee input I think. The said poster was shot down in flames and proved to be a liar and a blaggard.... :lol:
How do you know the LCGB solicitors told them not to respond or are you guessing ?

Are you just guessing that a previous post had LCGB input or do you have some facts to back this up ?
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

I'm really confused, I thought I'd been talking to Gavin already. :?
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Arcadia wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:59 pm

The LCGB have NEVER maintained a dignified silence as someone here previously posted, they always come out 'mob handed'...the only reason they haven't this time, is because they cant comment on a legal case which is ongoing. It must be killing them! Whereas Gav tries to answer people, but the reality is...the majority of people asking difficult questions are the LCGB supporters, and they have no desire to hear an honest answer...they are baying for blood, or looking for reasons to smear Gavs name. But I say take a look at your own committee, some of them are not exactly whiter than white.
I posted a comment saying the LCGB "committee" have maintained a dignified silence. Have you proof that LCGB can't comment on an ongoing legal case but Gav F can ?
Nudger
Main scooter: Li 150 Special

Arcadia, you say that the current LCGB never had ANY legal title or ownership of the name BLOA. Mike Karslake, the BLOA image creator and copyright owner gave the LCGB exclusive use of all BLOA and LPS designs. He wrote (as displayed in JetSet) “Only consultation between you (the Club) and myself will determine whether anyone can have permission to use same.”
I got to know Mike & Rachel on a personnel level when they moved down to Devon. My old scooter club at the time helped him build the Lambretta museum in Northlew. We spent many weekends in the freezing rain & mud getting that place up and ready for the events it was to hold. He was happy to tell stories about past Lambretta adventures but was also quite blunt and had a strong opinion on the way scootering was heading. As a result, I think I’m right in saying he would be thoroughly despondent to see what’s going on now and his support would be behind the LCGB 100%.
Reading all these threads, there appears to me that some people might have more of an issue with the LCGB committee because of other reasons than BLOA. I might be wrong, but that’s the way it comes across to me.
But I agree with you on one thing; this IS a childish carry on. For the sake of a name change and a bit of original thinking, Mr Frankland would have secured good will and gained more members i.e. those who wanted to be in both clubs.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

mick1 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:31 pm
Timbo wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:05 am
mick1 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:48 am As it stands the LCGB are doing a better PR job by maintaining a dignified silence (on a "neutral" forum).
Sorry Mick that’s b@11@x. They would have been told by their solicitors not to respond to any comments.
Just my opinion but a post many pages back was carefully written with committee input I think. The said poster was shot down in flames and proved to be a liar and a blaggard.... :lol:
How do you know the LCGB solicitors told them not to respond or are you guessing ?

Are you just guessing that a previous post had LCGB input or do you have some facts to back this up ?
Mick it’s just common legal practice, fact......and the answer to your second question it’s just a hunch.....but I bet i’m not wrong....😉
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information