LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
MaDMAn

LCGB threats of legal action doesn’t seem to be slowing them down, looks like a website is under development www.bloa.co.uk
servetapaul

Burnside wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:15 am
servetapaul wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:05 pm As it stands, I can only see one good reason to join LCGB and that's to get the discount on my insurance :D .... but I'm guessing that I can get the same discount being part of BLOA for less money 😀
For you maybe, but there are far more benefits than just discounts on insurance. Subsidised LCGB rallies, for example on one last year for the £20 ticket price you got 2 nights camping, 2 evening meals, 2 breakfasts, a t-shirt, badge, sticker and legshield banner, that one rally alone was worth the membership fee. Then there are the JetSet magazines, a gift at Christmas which is normally something useful and of the course the Euro Lambretta rally. So there are plenty of benefits but it's down to the individual on how much of those they use and if it actually works for them. You really can't please all of the people all of the time, we are all different and want/expect different things so join the club that suits you best or don't join a club at all, scooterists really do seem to be the worst for labelling each other and mocking those that are different to themselves.

As for clique, I've only been attending LCGB rallies for the past 3 or 4 years and have found the members and committee members I have met to be a very friendly bunch, many go out of their way to help others. I don't know the history but it feels to me that many of the issues are at a personal level, you get that in clubs with only a handful of members so a club the size of the LCGB it's pretty inevitable.

This post comes across as very pro LCGB so apologies if that offends anyone, but that's probably because I personally haven't had any issues and think that I get great value for the membership fee.
As stated .... I, as in me .... can see only one reason.
Discount on ‘my’ insurance ...
That’s my opinion based on my scooter usage.

I didn’t ever say ‘there is only one reason ...’
or ‘ discount on your insurance....’

I wasn’t telling anyone what they should think, just expressing my own opinion.
I have no doubt some will get lots out of the LCGB but in my own opinion, I don’t find it very inviting.
I am not bound to please thee with my answers - William Shakespeare
chippy

I get far more than my £20 back every year with dealer discounts showing membership card
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Out of interest, after all the venting and kerfuffle on here about this topic, how many are actually going to go to the AGM this weekend?
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I thought it was by invitation only...................😂
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

I wonder if that Gav fella has been invited :lol:
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Scooterdude wrote:I wonder if that Gav fella has been invited :lol:
Can’t imagine he’s an LCGB member... :lol:
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
shocky

I'm. Not as I guess you need to show your membership card ?
And that would blow my cover

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Why is it only ever oop north? They ought to hold it in the south on occassion and maybe it would help counter the perception that it's a club primarily for northerners.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Doom Patrol wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:42 pm Why is it only ever oop north? They ought to hold it in the south on occassion and maybe it would help counter the perception that it's a club primarily for northerners.
Are you going to ask that question at the AGM ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information