LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Gav BLOA
Main scooter: lambretta

Slightly off topic but I think deserves an airing at this point. If the LCGB was that bothered about its heritage why not look after it? One last thing.....mr Columbo... if you was keen on your heritage you wouldnt gang up behind the founder member and force him out. Without Kev Walsh there wouldn't have been LCGB as we know of it. Also not letting a founder member put his advert in his old magazine. Just a thought..
MaDMAn

Gav BLOA wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:13 am . The club is here to stay reguardless of letters sent from no win no fee Solictors.
Funny thing is, a no win-no fee solicitor would have been a better idea. The account showed nearly £7k in legal fees!!!!! What a joke!!!
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

Gav

Can you tell us what you have received regarding this dispute with the LCGB, as all I have is hearsay.

LCGB members won't find out until the AGM at the end of the month and before/if I attend it would interesting to know your end of the story and have a balanced view of this issue.

Many thanks

Warren
Gav BLOA
Main scooter: lambretta

Hello Warren, Just the one letter about my application for a trade name.
Thanks Gav
Mark97
Main scooter: Lambretta GP200

One letter doesnt add up to 7k in legal fees surely?? Especially from a no win no fee solicitor??
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

Gav BLOA wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:34 pm Hello Warren, Just the one letter about my application for a trade name.
Thanks Gav
What did the letter say Gav?
Mark97 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:43 pm One letter doesnt add up to 7k in legal fees surely?? Especially from a no win no fee solicitor??
I don't get it either?
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Copy and paste this whole 9 page thread to the LCGB forum. Am I the only one thinking this?
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

TBF Mark, no solicitor working with licensing/copyright or pretty much anything other that a personal accident works on a no win no fee basis and the normal sort of figure for copyright infringement/'passing off' or otherwise normal trademark disputes would be IRO £200 for a letter in my experience ( a fair amount over the years).
The big bills don't usually happen until you have to go to court or you engage a barrister.

I have no knowledge of what LCGB has either spent or set aside for this dispute, although such should be revealed at the AGM so I suggest anyone who actually cares should attend and find out for themselves.

You never know, The AGM has a wide spread of opinion in one place so you might find there is real concern with a significant number of members or you might actually find that the majority support the committee.

If it's the latter then I'd suggest the moaners pack it in or pack their bags.
Arcadia

Scooterdude wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:11 pm Copy and paste this whole 9 page thread to the LCGB forum. Am I the only one thinking this?
Clearly, you are :lol:

Maybe instead you could post a link to the thread to the LCGB forum where this is already being discussed in such candid and frank detail, then people can visit and respond? Or is it not being discussed over there? :lol:
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Arcadia wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:22 pm
Scooterdude wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:11 pm Copy and paste this whole 9 page thread to the LCGB forum. Am I the only one thinking this?
Clearly, you are :lol:

Maybe instead you could post a link to the thread to the LCGB forum where this is already being discussed in such candid and frank detail, then people can visit and respond? Or is it not being discussed over there? :lol:
Not me bud, I’m keeping out of it as I don’t want duffing up in the bogs etc etc.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information