LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

I respect all of my fellow Lambretta riders and have met, ate, drank and laughed with most of you over the years and I have no intention of falling out with anyone passionate in the same hobby I assure you, however:

Frankly the sort of stuff being written about the LCGB and the shop in particular isn't my experience, not one jot.
In fact I find it quite disgraceful that Toot should be singled out for this sort of accusation - a more steadfast and honest Lambretta enthusiast you'll go a heck of along way to find, I've worked alongside him & Glenda on the shop and am proud to have done so and would do so again, in a heartbeat.

There seems to be an impression that the LCGB is run by a clique by some people -that's not my impression, it is however run by the AGM and if you can't be arsed to go there then your opinion won't be heard I am afraid, simple as that, a tiny little club like mine has had at least one member at every AGM, we know what goes on and we have input into it.

As for moderation of members posts on LCGB forums - I professionally manage 3 different websites 2 with forums of in excess of 1 million members, all my admins & moderators wouldn't tolerate nonsense posts or threads placed there to stir up dissension and trouble making -that's not shutting down free speech -its dealing with issues in the majority interests.

e.g. There are plenty of political issues I am passionately interested in, I have to accept however that the majority is still the number of people expressing a preference in the accepted method, whether I disagree with this method or whether the number of people disagreeing with me is actually a real majority or not -comprendez?

I think it's a shame there isn't more southern England representation on the committee however the last 2 members of that either resigned for personal reasons or resigned to comply with the wishes of their club IIRC?
(and I like & respect them both very much btw).
I hope this will be resolved in the near future also.

This whole BLOA thing is a lot of horse s**t frankly, the current badge design was, as I understand it, gifted to the LCGB by mike Karslake who designed it, they are therefore perfectly entitled to use that design along with anything else, whether it's license has expired, whether Gavin F is entitled to use it with/without permission and whether ex LCGB members actually have any real, genuine reason to be disgruntled or not.

The amount of money they have in the bank is a reflection of how successful the club has been on its membership -the LCGB is the largest Lambretta club in the world after all.
It makes me wonder if the LCGB had been skint you'd all be pointing the finger and asking what the f**k they spent the money on perhaps? They can't win can they?
Gav BLOA
Main scooter: lambretta

Ok a quick reply, like you no bitching or falling out. BLOA finished in 1965. The new club under Bob Wilkison was the LCGB which ran until 1974ish. That club finished. end off. Kev and Co started LCGB as a new club with the term New Jet set for the magazine in 1978,completely new out look. Nobody was interested in BLOA or the old LCGB, this was a new club. Yes paperwork was handed over which I have seen and have copies on, dated 1st august 1983. But this was a historic badge that represented a club that ended in 1965. No one owned the rights to it. I have brought BLOA back to life, nothing to do with LCGB as what I've stated. I have copyrights to the name and badge because I feel it should not be left behind and forgot about. Before anyone starts, I have never fallen out with any members of the LCGB Committee, in fact I wouldn't know who they was if I sat down next to one. I never sent any letters to anyone or demanded anything from anyone. I am offering a new out look to scootering for anyone who would like something different. My rallies are nothing like the LCGB rallies, I even booked my rallies so that they wouldn't clash with others. I offer 1950's style scooter rallies. No one owns scooter rallies or clubs so I can't see why there is so much hassle. That's about it for that, I would also like to say that BLOA offers many quality deals, discount for members with Bikesure and footman James, discount with selected dealers for parts and labour, dating certificates and valuation certificates for £5.00 each with a 24 hours turnaround, a large catalogue of memorabilia to help people that have questions about certain machines. and a friendly page on facebook. Any questions please ask. Thank you.
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

Gav

As I mentioned in the now deleted Facebook poll thread, I think it's great there is another group for rallies and all things Lambretta.

But why use BLOA as the name, why not pick something else that wouldn't upset anybody? I just don't get it.

Did you also 'acquire' the Supertune name? If so, for what purpose, why not just think up your own instead of borrowing another person or groups legacy?

I'm curious about your motives with all this, forgive me but it makes me suspicious.

Best regards

Warren
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

bolzenanker wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:31 pm Gav

As I mentioned in the now deleted Facebook poll thread, I think it's great there is another group for rallies and all things Lambretta.

But why use BLOA as the name, why not pick something else that wouldn't upset anybody? I just don't get it.

Did you also 'acquire' the Supertune name? If so, for what purpose, why not just think up your own instead of borrowing another person or groups legacy?

I'm curious about your motives with all this, forgive me but it makes me suspicious.

Best regards

Warren
Think you might be confusing different people here Warren... :?

Gav owns the BLOA name/trademark, and I believe that the LCGB are now contesting that with legal action, using members funds. I could be wrong, but I believe that (as mooted by others) BLOA was a legal subsidiary of Lambretta Concessionaires, and never legally owned by the separate body that was later formed: LCGB... which I presume will be the basis of the legal action, in regard to them trying to prove ownership of it in some way?

I personally think that, if BLOA was, in fact, unregistered, unused, unloved and legally unattached...then why not resurrect a great name? It's something people will recognise, can associate with, and be part of. If the LCGB felt differently, perhaps a lot of kerfuffle could have been avoided if they had just contacted Gav and discussed it with him man-to-man, but the story he tells, is very different. So who knows!

In regard to Supertune and Lambretta Concessionaries, those two names are owned by a chap called Gary Seale...a completely different fella, and nothing to do with Gav @ BLOA. So your insinuations about his motives and your suspicions, in that regard, are not correct.

Hope that clarifies. :)
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👍
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

Sorry, my bad.

Please accept my apologies Gav and thanks for the clarification.

I'll get me coat.

:-)
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Funnily enough, I stumbled across my first LCGB membership card this weekend - 1978. Where have the years gone?

My memory of events regarding both BLOA and the LCGB is not quite what has been represented above.

"BLOA finished in 1965. The new club under Bob Wilki[n]son was the LCGB which ran until 1974ish". My understanding was that the BLOA was rebranded as LCGB to make the club more modern. I may be wrong but, thankfully, there are people around, who were actively involved in this at the time, who will be able to clarify, if needed.

One of the posts refers to what happened in '74. It says "That club finished. end off. Kev and Co started LCGB as a new club with the term New Jet set for the magazine in 1978,completely new out look. Nobody was interested in BLOA or the old LCGB, this was a new club".

My recollection, which is contrary to this, is that the old LCGB was mothballed in '74 and the remaining club funds held in escrow for 3 or 4 years until Kev Walsh and the Widnes lads resurrected it.

Also, if no one was interested in the old LCGB, why was the same name used for the club, why was the magazine given the same name, albeit with a cursory "new" in front of it, and why has the BLOA shield regularly been used on LCGB merchandise in the intervening years?

A lot of this is referred to in the "History of the LCGB," dating from 1992, which is on the main LCGB web page.

I won't pretend to understand copyrights and trademarks but I see that the Editor of a national publication, a journalist, has stated that "Gav owns the BLOA name/trademark..." I am assuming that, in making such a claim, proof that to that effect has been seen. If that really is the case then my own personal view, for what it is worth, is that the powers that be have been duped into giving away part of the heritage of my club.

Many may think that this is merely a case of someone trying to make a fast buck :-(

I could do with some extra pension provision, I wonder if "Innocenti" is copyrighted?
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

storkfoot wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:43 pm I could do with some extra pension provision, I wonder if "Innocenti" is copyrighted?
I think you'd have to talk to Fiat about that. :lol:
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

storkfoot wrote: I won't pretend to understand copyrights and trademarks but I see that the Editor of a national publication, a journalist, has stated that "Gav owns the BLOA name/trademark..." I am assuming that, in making such a claim, proof that to that effect has been seen. If that really is the case then my own personal view, for what it is worth, is that the powers that be have been duped into giving away part of the heritage of my club.
Anyone can check. It’s all online.

See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Gav BLOA
Main scooter: lambretta

Hello All, Thanks for the feedback. I have used the name as stated above. This club is run the same way as it was in the 50's. As it's a new club with an old name I've not tried saying established 1953. Yes it might up set a few people however there are quite a few original BLOA members that have joined who was never in the new LCGB, this in itself warrants my actions. This is a hobby not a liveyhood, so why people have massive egos baffles me. The club is here to stay reguardless of letters sent from no win no fee Solictors. I have said what needs to be said from the horses mouth. Anything else mentioned apart from I've said here on this thread is hearsay. I will answer any questions but I will not be brought into an argument. The club is a happy ship and that it will remain as one. Bonjour..🕺👻
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information