LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Shaunbond

firekdp wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:33 pm
shocky wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:43 pm I always use Pete Davis BLA for dating certificates lambretta and vespa and he's £3 cheaper than the lcgb

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
I've always used Pete as well (for dating and valuation). The £10 the lcgb charge is members rate, it's £20 for non members I believe. :shock:
Or the VMSC £7.50 only for members. £25 for initial membership and first dating certificate but there's a £5 discount on the membership fee until near the end of this month by going to the Facebook page.

I know blatant advertising but it's another choice...😁
Serial scooter rider...
VMSC Committed to Scootering for 25 years
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

aldi sell columbian coffee beans £1.59 a packet and they taste lovverrleeey; I know it’s blatant advertising but do i care
C’est la vie
Shaunbond

I like those too...😂
Serial scooter rider...
VMSC Committed to Scootering for 25 years
Chris in Margate
Main scooter: Lambretta 1964 225 Special

Like Burnside I've only started doing LCGB Members' rallies over the past few years. Found everybody to be very friendly and accommodating at the gate, in the shop and on site. I'd echo his thoughts too. Got more than my annual sub back with food T Shirt gifts etc.
Actually I'm very proud to be part of the LCGB.
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

corrado wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:59 pm
Timbo wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:05 pm te]

..........but none as clique as the LCGB..... :roll:
Feckers for one and RR for another. Sorry your name's not on the list, you can't come in.
Ain't that the truth!
Donnie.
YAMLAM

Arcadia wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:28 pm
The current committee ousted Kev Walsh with a vote-off, then changed the constitution to stop individual members being voted off...so that only the entire committee can be voted off. So if you turn on one....you turn on all. They rely on that twist to keep them in, and questions to their ‘authority’ kept out.

I've been a member of LCGB for more years than I care to remember, I first met Kev Walsh at Scarborough 82, he worked tirelessly for the Club back then when it was on its arse. I never knew why he was ousted, perhaps id better go back over some old Jetsets. Perhaps it will also enlighten me as to why the constitution was changed to stop individuals being voted off. Anyways, I think £20.00 is great value for money, haven't been to one of their rallies since the days of kesterfield , when I met some really good people, many of whom are still active members.
win or lose have a booze
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

YAMLAM wrote:Arcadia wrote: ↑
Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:28 pm
The current committee ousted Kev Walsh with a vote-off, then changed the constitution to stop individual members being voted off...so that only the entire committee can be voted off. So if you turn on one....you turn on all. They rely on that twist to keep them in, and questions to their ‘authority’ kept out.

I've been a member of LCGB for more years than I care to remember, I first met Kev Walsh at Scarborough 82, he worked tirelessly for the Club back then when it was on its arse. I never knew why he was ousted, perhaps id better go back over some old Jetsets. Perhaps it will also enlighten me as to why the constitution was changed to stop individuals being voted off. Anyways, I think £20.00 is great value for money, haven't been to one of their rallies since the days of kesterfield , when I met some really good people, many of whom are still active members.

No chatter about Kev Walsh being ousted, but solid historical info on the golden era of the club:

Part 1: https://www.scootering.com/scootering-c ... 1977-1992/

Part 2: https://www.scootering.com/scootering-c ... me-part-2/

See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

firekdp wrote:
shocky wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:43 pm I always use Pete Davis BLA for dating certificates lambretta and vespa and he's £3 cheaper than the lcgb

I've always used Pete as well (for dating and valuation). The £10 the lcgb charge is members rate, it's £20 for non members I believe. :shock:

Just been reading some posts on the BLOA Facebook page and if I’ve read it correctly, they do dating certs for £5...
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
shocky

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
firekdp wrote:

Just been reading some posts on the BLOA Facebook page and if I’ve read it correctly, they do dating certs for £5...
Mine was a year ago and I doubt they were doing it then ...

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
eden
Dealer

I think regarding BLOA, the LCGB committee should back down and live and let live. I'm sure most of their members would agree.
Last edited by eden on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information