Casa ssr265

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Muttley McLadd wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:37 pm Pfft.. an SX200 with an asian engine is a bitsa.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pictu ... rkhez9MQWM

Thats the number on the frame and thats what it is sold as,that number also goes on the log book.Whatever kind of engine is fitted.
Muttley McLadd

It's still a bitsa.
CakeAndArseParty
Lamaddict

So the SS feedback isn’t great but according to their info, they have sold a lot, strange.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

wrecklessrobbie wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:44 am
The frame dictates what the scooter is......really?
So if someone builds an sx200 and puts in a sil cased engine is it an sx200?
If you put a vespa gt engine in a lambretta frame is it still a lambretta?
Different people will give you a different opinion.
Yes and Yes......if you put a mini engine in a Ferrari chassis you still have a Ferrari....if you put a Ferrari engine in a mini you don’t have a Ferrari...... :D
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

Yeah I know.
Whatever the v5 and vehicle frame is registered as dictates what the scooter or car is.

However i would not buy an sx with an li or sil engine for sx money.
Or ferrari with a mini engine for ferrari money.
I am not trying to be critical of it either.

My s2 eibar...has a sil gp200 engine with rapido 200. I do still have the s2 casing. If i was to sell i would let the new buyer have it.
Its still not finished yet...only been trying to complete it for 13 years now :shock:
2 relationship splits various house moves, new job and workshop and house to renovate keeps meaning it gets pushed down the line of priorities.

As for the casa engine they look as though they could be very good. But in my humble opinion far too expensive....well for me anyway.
If i could afford it i would buy the new gt casing/ engine.
Having bought a vespa gt 200 it knocks spots off my Li175 which now sits sorned in my workshop.
I would even consider buying a used vespa gt 300 and use the engine and parts as an auto conversion donor. Still cheaper and probably more reliable. Again only my opinion.

Each person has his own ideas of what he wants from a scooter. Which can only be a good thing.
I worry not what anyperson rides...well i get a bit worried if its a sheep..... :oops:

Robbie
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

what you have to consider is the race bikes cassa use have been heavily modified to cope with the power ie double disc break on front £1200 front shocks at £800 rear shock at £ 700 frame strengh pole between legs to strengthen frame loopand i would think some kind of support around the main engine bolt area to take the forces that power is going to put on the frame and to think there will be people out there with money and a nice normal scooter with none off the previous upgrades put one of these engines in are basically going to end up dead
garry inglis

garry inglis wrote:what you have to consider is the race bikes cassa use have been heavily modified to cope with the power ie double disc break on front £1200 front shocks at £800 rear shock at £ 700 frame strengh pole between legs to strengthen frame loopand i would think some kind of support around the main engine bolt area to take the forces that power is going to put on the frame and to think there will be people out there with money and a nice normal scooter with none off the previous upgrades put one of these engines in are basically going to end up dead
This what I'm getting at race bike and nice ritch guy standard scoot makes you thinkImageImage

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Lamaddict

Just spotted that the SSR265 is a staggering £8150.00.
I also read that the SSR engines are getting ‘orders are (literally) flooding in daily’ . I find this hard to believe. I know one person that’s just bought one but he’ll ride it round the block a few times not going over 50mph and just park it in his garage.
Good that they have built the engines i suppose.
garry inglis

totally agree lamaddict the progress cassa is doing for the lambretta is second to none but we all no what a good 30hp engine costs £3to£4000 not £8000 i just think why spend all that money developing this stuff then priceing out 90% of lambretta owners
chippy

Lamaddict wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:28 pm Just spotted that the SSR265 is a staggering £8150.00.
I also read that the SSR engines are getting ‘orders are (literally) flooding in daily’ . I find this hard to believe. I know one person that’s just bought one but he’ll ride it round the block a few times not going over 50mph and just park it in his garage.
Good that they have built the engines i suppose.
Similar prices, what would you rather have. A casa or a targa. As stated, a good top notch built engine costs nowhere near £8000
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information