How hard to reg a scooter that's never been reg in uk before

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Simonwwfc26

Is it better to hand this sort of thing over to the chaps that advertise in scootering or have a go doing it yourself ?
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

Simonwwfc26 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:17 pm Is it better to hand this sort of thing over to the chaps that advertise in scootering or have a go doing it yourself ?
I have registered 2 Lambretta's myself and have never done anything like it before in my life. Both times no issues whatsoever. First time, last year, SGS came to do a quick inspection (took four photo's and left) got documents in about 3 weeks all in, second time in July no inspection got documents back in ten days from them receiving my application. Both times I just followed the advice on Cam Lam's website and copied the details on the example documents on their page. To be honest I was very surprised how easy it was. Just make sure you send all of the relevant documents. Have a go, what have you got to lose? Great feeling when it comes through the post too :D

Scott
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

ive used rob skipsea on my last two builds and he sorted them out for me, you can find him on facebook if you use that, or i can give you his no if you send me a pm.
ForemanBob
Main scooter: GP RT230

No bother at all... plenty examples out there of how to complete the forms. Just send in the completed V55 with the required docs, and I got my V5 back in 12 days... this was just 4 weeks ago. No issue to complete yourself.
Treeman
Main scooter: GP 225 TS1

Hi,

I’m looking at registering a Runner from abroad and looking at the pamphlet INF106, How to important a vehicle into the UK. Held within it, it says under “Type Approval” that a “Certificate of Conformity” is required. As anyone had to get one of these certificates for a scooter?

Thanks.

Treeman
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Treeman wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:45 pm Hi,

I’m looking at registering a Runner from abroad and looking at the pamphlet INF106, How to important a vehicle into the UK. Held within it, it says under “Type Approval” that a “Certificate of Conformity” is required. As anyone had to get one of these certificates for a scooter?

Thanks.

Treeman
According to the infinite wisdom of Google, the Certificate of Conformity scheme only started in 1997 so if it is older than that you can't provide one as it doesn't exist, if newer then you may have to contact the manufacturer and they should be able to provide you with one (most likely there will be a cost involved), otherwise it will need to be inspected under the MSVA scheme
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information