Garage door security

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Yes I'm not keen on external security devices either as it makes people aware there is something of value, and they can probably get round it in any case these days, likewise someone bought me one of those enamel signs saying "scooter parking only" but I'm not putting it up as to my mind it's like ringing the diner bell for scooter thieves, best thing is a baby alarm they will pick up the faintest sound like someone fiddling with the lock before they actually get in, so in my case I can sprint outside and give um the chop with my kindling axe!

Those shotgun cartridges mentioned above are blanks but there's nothing to stop you filling them with dishwasher salt!
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

The problem is,if their is only one way into your garage,you have to use some kind of external security device,either that or leave it unlocked.
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

Also the amount of scoots being nicked and cc tv showing them being taken how many of these have been found?.Says a lot re cc tv like its been said unless you want to watch reruns of them taking it cc tv don't help.One of the best ones i saw was someone put a load of claw and teeth marks on the outside with a picture of a very large dog and a note saying 'i'm behind here and i'm hungry' think it would of put a few off.
the man don't give a f@@k
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

All you pike men will relate to this.... carefully wrap some barbed trebles around your garage door handle, that'll stop the buggers, but just remember they are there before you try opening it!
Muttley McLadd

GTFOMWSC wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:08 pm Also the amount of scoots being nicked and cc tv showing them being taken how many of these have been found?.Says a lot re cc tv like its been said unless you want to watch reruns of them taking it cc tv don't help.
It's likely that people who recognise theives aren't likely to advertise that on the internet.

And the police, recognising pikeys/gypos, aren't going to investigate further, for fear of racism charges.
CakeAndArseParty
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I used to deliver beer to a pub in Derbyshire ,I went one day and he had had a break-in that night.He had two big vicious hungry dogs.The theives just opened the door enough and threw tainted meat in,the dogs ate the meat and went to sleep.
purple_pill67
Main scooter: Jet200

Like all security measures, you are only really putting off the local smackhead trying his luck who wants a few quid for his next hit. If someone really wants to steal your stuff they will. Banks and cash machines are still broken into after all.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

I saw a programme about protecting your property that used the expertise of an ex con. He suggested the most effective ways to dissuade a thief were things like gravel driveways and paths around the house, flimsy trellis on the top of a fence, possibly with a thorny rose climbing it, a barky dog, stuff like that. Anything that makes it riskier. Well, riskier than next door, I guess.

Anyone tried those alarmed padlocks? Are they any good?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information