Ceramic bead blasting - engine cases

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
fluff34567

Wondering if anyone has had the engine cases ceramic bead blasted to give that satin polish shine effect?

Place I normally use has replaced the machine so no more ceramic, sadly.

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

MB scooters do what they call a restoration polish, in my opinion a far better result than bead blasting. The process is done in a media tumbler and takes the finish back to what it would have looked like from new.
fluff34567

Scooterdude wrote:MB scooters do what they call a restoration polish, in my opinion a far better result than bead blasting. The process is done in a media tumbler and takes the finish back to what it would have looked like from new.
Yep saw that but the cost, Eye watering! Ceramic bead gives a fantastic deep satin shine and takes about 10 mins for a case, not to be confused with glass bead which gives a dull finish.

Scooterdude

fluff34567 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:36 pm
Scooterdude wrote:MB scooters do what they call a restoration polish, in my opinion a far better result than bead blasting. The process is done in a media tumbler and takes the finish back to what it would have looked like from new.
Yep saw that but the cost, Eye watering! Ceramic bead gives a fantastic deep satin shine and takes about 10 mins for a case, not to be confused with glass bead which gives a dull finish.

yes i know about the finish it gives as I’ve been in the game for almost 34 years :mrgreen: and get fed up of looking at it to be honest, no when i saw the MB finish it just looks so right and proper, and at the end of the day your only going to do it the once.
fluff34567

Scooterdude wrote:
fluff34567 wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:36 pm

yes i know about the finish it gives as I’ve been in the game for almost 34 years :mrgreen: and get fed up of looking at it to be honest, no when i saw the MB finish it just looks so right and proper, and at the end of the day your only going to do it the once.
Then fair enough, most people just go uh huh when you say glass or ceramic.

Scoot
Main scooter: Lambretta Jet200

fluff34567 wrote:Wondering if anyone has had the engine cases ceramic bead blasted to give that satin polish shine effect?

Place I normally use has replaced the machine so no more ceramic, sadly.

ImageImageImage

Coincidentally I had a case vapour blasted earlier today. Not sure if that’s ceramic or glass beads but think it’s one of the two?

I’m pleased with it, if you saw the state of it before you would be too.
It’s a satin finish.

Only cost £25.00 and they did it straight away. I went to the cafe for some brekkie and was done by the time I got back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Scooterdude

Just make sure you get a tin of brake cleaner and zap out all the threads before you assemble it boss.
Scoot
Main scooter: Lambretta Jet200

Scooterdude wrote:Just make sure you get a tin of brake cleaner and zap out all the threads before you assemble it boss.
Will do Image

Scooterdude

Scoot wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:52 pm
Scooterdude wrote:Just make sure you get a tin of brake cleaner and zap out all the threads before you assemble it boss.
Will do Image

Good lad.
Scooterdude

Scooterdude wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:24 pm
Scoot wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:52 pm
Will do Image

Good lad.

Sent from my ipad using bullshit.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information