Trust.

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Scoot
Main scooter: Lambretta Jet200

Timbo wrote:I had my RT engine rebuilt by a local guy and everything he replaced was given to me in a box. Presumably you could ask a dealer to do the same.

More to building a scooter/engine than just parts, but it's a good way to prove they have at least changed them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
dirtyhandslopez

Timbo wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:00 am I had my RT engine rebuilt by a local guy and everything he replaced was given to me in a box. Presumably you could ask a dealer to do the same.
It's written into law in this state. The customer has to be offered the replaced parts.
That's not going anywhere...
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Jarv (Byron on here) at Lambretta Rehab does mine, I buy the parts often after advise/consultation with him and it's always spot on, he also gives me back all the parts replaced in a box. Totally trustworthy and often sends pics through the build stages.

Whereas I have lost count of the number of times I have been at his workshop and he is working on a Lambretta that has been built by a 'professional' sometimes even some well known shops and what is in there has not been what they have been sold!
chippy

Scoot wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:11 pm
Timbo wrote:I had my RT engine rebuilt by a local guy and everything he replaced was given to me in a box. Presumably you could ask a dealer to do the same.

More to building a scooter/engine than just parts, but it's a good way to prove they have at least changed th
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The question is. Are the parts in the box yours or not doctor Watson :o
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information