POLICE MOBILE DYNO

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
a.j

Apparently they've been in use for a while now although I've never seen one. (I'm all legal by the way), but if these things get rolled out nationwide I wonder how long it will take before they start targeting gangs of greying middle aged men who resent spending a few hundred quid to pass their tests but think nothing of forking out 4 grand for an engine? :lol:
Meds
Main scooter: Li125s

Great idea
As mines registered as a 225 but badged as a125
get stopped , honest officer it's a 125
While your at it what's the jetting like?
philz
Main scooter: Lambretta Li150

Apparently been about since 2008 so had plenty of time to roll em out. Police funding is so tight I suspect they will never go national. They have much more import tasks like terrorism to be dealing with rather than find a few oversized scooters.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Muttley McLadd

This'll stop pikey twats from pilfering the filthy autos, eh??
CakeAndArseParty
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Can you tell the capacity from a dyno? Surely it can only tell you the power output, and whether this exceeds any limit on your licence?

My advice to anyone is to get your licence as soon as you can - from experience it'll only get harder/more expensive/time consuming to get one.
bazza3004

Mmm prob tell them most 200 225's badged as 125's are still putting out less than a 125 bike. 😳
Sach
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

What are they trying to achieve?
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

i do think that this is aimed at people who are riding on l plates, if its a moped its supposed to be restricted to 30mph which they can measure speed on the dyno, unless its a pre 77 moped then its allowed to be unrestricted but must have pedals, if its a 125 they were restricted for provisional riders during the early 80s i belive it was 11kw, so if you have a lambretta or vespa that your running on l plates your fine with go faster engine mods as long as its not too new to have to be restricted, that been said 11kw is about 15bhp so if your under that power output i doubt any questions would be asked, i guess some may insure and register a larger capacity machine as a 125, they may be able to work out you have a bigger engine if your above the 15bhp mark, eg a ts1 that will do a lot more power wise.
Gage
Main scooter: TV200, P2, VB1+Bambini, GTV300

I'd love to get pulled up on the VB1 and sidecar, I can just imagine it, 'How come if this is a 150 like you say it is, it is not even making 3hp?' Still as it appears it takes three of them to operate the machine, at least there will be someone on hand to lift up the sidecar wheel!
Stevie W
Main scooter: lAMBRETTA gp200

Many Police Authorites have been using them for years, they use them to target mopeds ridden by 16 year olds to establish the power output and maximum speed. When my lad was 16 he rode a Yamaha Aerox which shall we say was a bit faster than it should be. I told him that if he ever got stopped by the police and they wanted to do carry out a dyno test , unless they had previously clocked at an excessive speed to ask for a deferred inspection.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information