Scootering magazine...

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Possibly this year maybe last there was an article regarding jeans with a new thinner and much better tear proof material inside liner ( not Kevlar). Does anyone know the name of the jeans/company selling them? Tar muchly..
wayne cudine
Main scooter: Lambretta Lis150 Eibar series2

I think the article you mention was about the company making Hood jeans that also provide hip and knee protection . They are very good heavy duty and comfy too.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Draggin jeans?
coaster

wayne cudine wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:09 pm I think the article you mention was about the company making Hood jeans that also provide hip and knee protection . They are very good heavy duty and comfy too.
Yes, I think it was, based in Attleborough in Norfolk
Timbo

Thanks guys I'm pretty sure it was none of the above, as it was a new material and very light. Possibly the ones below which I saw on Sunday. These are very light and WATERPROOF. Some of the guys in the shop wear them all day. Not cheap. A mate bought a pair.
https://www.bikestop.co.uk/rokker-revol ... gKAhfD_BwE
paulnobodyimportant
Main scooter: varies

Timbo
This link below may be useful. I've a pair of Hood jeans, but they are heavy and end up with the crutch almost level with my knees, reminiscent of the "sagging" youth culture.
Anyway, went to GetGeared (Leeds) on Friday to buy a pair of lightweight waterproof reinforced jeans called Held 6603 Barrier Jeans, but they didn't have them in stock. Nevertheless, they have ordered some for me, so I'll let you know later this week what they are like. Anyway, tried on and bought "Dainese Bonneville Jeans: Best designer kevlar jeans." They are slim fit, far lighter than Hood and reinforced armor on the knees and hips. Must say that I'm impressed with them for both fit and gravel slide resistance.
These two jeans and others are all described in the link below.
https://inspire.getgeared.co.uk/top-10- ... -for-2016/
Timbo

Thanks Paul, I also have a pair of Draggin and Hood Jeans which as you said are very heavy and great for winter use but not summer. Let me know what you think of the new ones you've ordered. Tim
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information