Customer service - not

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I spent a couple of hundred pounds with a well known dealer, albeit a year or so ago, and at this rate might be the last money I spend with them. I think there might be a part missing in what I was supplied.

I searched the Internet and their website for the answer, I sent a message last week through the 'contact us' section on the website which hasn't been replied to. I have phoned at least twice every day since Tuesday this week and half a dozen times today and not got past the 'we're serving customers try later' message and as a last resort I try to message the FB page this afternoon and within an hour get told to I shouldn't be using messenger and to phone the shop when it's open again next Tuesday...loop to top.

How hard would it have been to look at the picture I sent and provide a straightforward answer like 'you need order part blah' instead of just fob me off??

WTF do you have to do to get customer service in this industry?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

If it's the one I think you're on about I gave up with them some time ago.
chippy

Name and shame. If you cannot do it here put a comment on their Facebook page. There are a lot of good helpful dealers out there and they should be praised. I have had similar dealings with one and it's frustrating.
fluff34567

I have ordered from a few uk based dealers over the last months and out of the 5 only decent service was from 2.

Dealer 1 accused me of stealing parts and then claiming the items were missing from the delivery.. they missed items from 2 orders, second order was meant to include the missing parts from order 1! It came down to threatening a credit card charge back to get the missing items.

Dealer 2.. that's a different story and for a separate post!
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Fluff ,

Sorry to hear that you've had such poor service from some UK dealers. Unfortunately, we suffer this here all the time, however, we soon come to know which dealers are worth dealing with and those that should be avoided. The good news is that we do have some truly brilliant dealers who will go out of their way to supply you great parts at a fair price and with excellent service.

Here's hoping that you have better service in the future.

Same thoughts go out to Rosscla but I thought I'd address this to Fluff as I feel ashamed of some of the service that we put up with in this country... but am proud of what we can and do achieve when we do it right.

Adam
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I know we all share a very expensive hobby and money is tight but I would always prefer to pay a little extra for great and guaranteed service rather than search around for the cheapest item. Some of the newer smaller dealers understand this for example Mke at Torbay Lambretta and good deals to be had from Martin at justlambretta. The bigger ones for me include MB, CamLam and Scootopia plus Scootercentre in Germany.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Ditto to all those that you've listed Timbo
fluff34567

Adam_Winstone wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:48 am Fluff ,

Sorry to hear that you've had such poor service from some UK dealers. Unfortunately, we suffer this here all the time, however, we soon come to know which dealers are worth dealing with and those that should be avoided. The good news is that we do have some truly brilliant dealers who will go out of their way to supply you great parts at a fair price and with excellent service.

Here's hoping that you have better service in the future.

Same thoughts go out to Rosscla but I thought I'd address this to Fluff as I feel ashamed of some of the service that we put up with in this country... but am proud of what we can and do achieve when we do it right.

Adam
Cheers Adam, greatly appreciated! I have come across some great and efficient dealers and sadly some very bad ones!

Here is a story from 1 of my experiences ! viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39125
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Adam_Winstone wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:09 pm Ditto to all those that you've listed Timbo
Problem being that one of those listed is the very one Rosscia is posting about. :shock: :shock:
Donnie.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Hmm. I suppose I should have remembered that a short search of my recent posts might have revealed the name in question.

I was fuming with that response last night particularly because it was after hours when I'd spent quite a bit of time trying to get through in hours.

Problem is I still have to try to deal with them as I suspect they might be the only ones in the UK that stocked that stuff.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information