S3 lambretta electric start

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
maggo1974
Main scooter: lambretta li125 spanish

Hi.anyone know of a kit or anyone who can fit one to a gp.or does anyone know a list of parts that would be required please.
coaster

No kit as far as I know but the Spanish did manufacture a mag flange with a hole for mounting a starter motor but I'm not sure if they actually sold any scoots with the electric start fitted. ScootRs used to sell restored scooters with electric starting but they aren't currently trading. Other than that you would need a good engineer that could fabricate and machine the parts necessary.

I'd have to ask why you want to do it though? A Lambretta isn't exactly hard to kick start compression wise and if yours is taking more than a couple of kicks then it needs attention to the setup or starting technique. Electric start will add a fair bit of weight to the flywheel when the ring gear is fitted and you will also be adding to the risk of twisting the crank during the starting process.
maggo1974

I inherited a gp rapido 225.i had s back op at begining of year and i am a shortarse so cant kick it off when not on stand..it was really hard to start and wouldnt run and kicks back sometimes.so i took it to a well known guy where i live but its no better,he had it over 6 months too.thought it might be an option.

Its not registered properly yet so was thinking when i get that done i might take it somewhere and get it sorted on a roller.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

A mate has one on his SX and it's the bollox....he won't build one for anyone else cos he can't/won't guarantee the work...
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Timbo wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:29 pm A mate has one on his SX and it's the bollox....he won't build one for anyone else cos he can't/won't guarantee the work...
Couldn't he publish a 'how to' guide so that others could try it for themselves?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
maggo1974

Yes rosscla.thats a good suggestion.at least give us a chance
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I can ask him, but I think he would be happy to speak with you.
dennis
Main scooter: 1 gp 1 special

If you go on youtube under Lambretta electric start, his is the red and white one with the music playing in the back ground.
dennis
Main scooter: 1 gp 1 special

Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

only ever seen two lecky start bretta's one a scootRs sx imported as a fully restored scoot; other one a late spanish LI 150 complete with lecky start with hideous wiring this including indicators; neutral light; high beam indicator light; scoot all sprayed in a awful metalic green
C’est la vie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information