Refurbishment of stator coils

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
thackers

Hi, I have a variotronic stator that has stopped working on the ign coil. I'm aware you can't buy replacement coils as you can on most 12v systems so I'm asking if anyone knows of a place that refurbs coils? It seems such a waste to throw away the stator especially when you price up its whole replacement. Thanks.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

yes i can recomend someone who rewinds stators, it rexs speed shop, he repaired my stator for my yamaha 350 thats in my lambretta, he was able to test it first and confirm what the fault was before he fixed it, and its been perfect ever since, 01580 880768 might be worth a conversation with them, maybe they can test and or repair it for you,

holty
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Try Anthony Tambs on FB Mr T, he is the man of the moment. His company is Scootronics
I trust your well.... :D
thackers

Thanks guys, good information there, I'll check them out.
Tim, things are slowly on the up after rupturing my achilles, 2 month off work but back now for the last 4 weeks. Lost my little dog Lucy a couple of weeks ago, that was tougher than any ankle injury, you know where I'm coming from. I hope you and little Archie are on top form. You must be almost due to go on the RR with the feckers aren't you?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information