photobucket freezing accounts

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Looks like they've cottoned on to downloading the albums - every time I try it I get a verify you are not a robot thing that goes through 20 odd clicks of select the picture with the cars / road signs etc. Then I get a message 'oops something didn't click' and it crashes...

Not managed to repatriate any of my pics yet. Cnuts.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Nerdy Norm
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 S3

Just a heads-up: there's an extension for Firefox and Chrome browsers (PC versions) which is currently making the Photobucket images in forums visible again.

No guarantee as to how long it'll work for, but it's working right now:

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... er/?src=ss
Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... dkpmcpkaon
Lambretta LI125 Series 2, Lambretta LI150 Series 3, Lambretta J100 Cento, LML Star 150 2T
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Nerdy Norm wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:51 am Just a heads-up: there's an extension for Firefox and Chrome browsers (PC versions) which is currently making the Photobucket images in forums visible again.

No guarantee as to how long it'll work for, but it's working right now:

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... er/?src=ss
Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... dkpmcpkaon
Nice find.

I wonder how many people read the photobucket T&C before signing up? I'm amazed they think this is a sound business move - steal everyone's photos then expect them to carry on using the service. Trust counts for quite a lot in the internet business world.
I'm guessing they're increasing their profits as users pay up to download their own photos, then when the books look good, they'll sell the company? As someone else said - bunch of Berkshire Hunts.
Nerdy Norm

I think there's some misinformation out there. Photobucket isn't stopping anyone downloading their own photos, or forcing them to pay a fee to do so. I just downloaded a couple of my own photos just to check, and apart from the annoying pop-up ads, it was fine.

The issue here is that they no longer allow linking of photos to forums such as this, without paying for a premium account. Whilst I can understand their logic, in that nobody will be seeing their revenue-generating ads when viewing pics on forums, the way they implemented the change was terrible. But I bet less than 10% of their subscribers use it to host images in forums anyway, so for the vast majority of people the change to their T&Cs won't make any difference.
Lambretta LI125 Series 2, Lambretta LI150 Series 3, Lambretta J100 Cento, LML Star 150 2T
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

I've started issuing Flickr but can't seem to embed images using it. There's a pretty simple way to add a url link but not to display the image itself.

That's using my android phone, not pc. If that makes a difference.

Anybody know?
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Still not been successful in downloading ANY photos from photobucket.

I've tried several different PCs, phone, iPad with no success.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Nerdy Norm

Still not been successful in downloading ANY photos from photobucket.
Weird, worked straight away for me on my normal Windows 10 computer. However, I just tried again, and when I click on the pic I want to download, it gives the error message "Sorry, an unexpected error occurred".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information