photobucket freezing accounts

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
holty
registered user
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:52 pm
ebay user ID: amholt123
Main scooter: lambretta gp
Location: east yorkshire
Contact:

Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:33 pm

hi folks, ive heard and seen that some photobucket accounts and been closed to third party hosting unless you pay a realy high fee, ive found the videos on my threads have gone, im just copying all the pics now just in case they freeze me out, anyone else had any issues ?
holty

fairspares
registered user
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:48 pm
ebay user ID: fairspares
Main scooter: Lambretta GP RB252
Contact:

Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:39 pm

Photobucket has been playing up for some time now, looks like its been hacked by advertising spam of some sort.
Fairspares Lambretta workshop.

User avatar
kevspeed
registered user
Posts: 724
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:07 am
Contact:

Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:08 pm

holty wrote:hi folks, ive heard and seen that some photobucket accounts and been closed to third party hosting unless you pay a realy high fee, ive found the videos on my threads have gone, im just copying all the pics now just in case they freeze me out, anyone else had any issues ?
holty
Same problem here,I better get copying too :cry:

holty
registered user
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:52 pm
ebay user ID: amholt123
Main scooter: lambretta gp
Location: east yorkshire
Contact:

Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:30 pm

word is its something to do with the terms and conditions and 3rd party hosting violates the terms, you have to update the account to some unlimited account thats about 300 dollars, sounds like daylight robbery to me, ive posted a lot of pics, some which might help others so i am dowloading then while i can, i might try flickr instead.

User avatar
garry inglis
registered user
Posts: 1246
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:04 pm
ebay user ID: garry52uk
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200
Location: darlington
Contact:

Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:42 am

I think the forum should update to tapatalk and what's app both free

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

User avatar
drunkmunkey6969
Moderator
Posts: 4258
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:42 pm
ebay user ID: sc00terotica
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP
Location: North Yorkshire
Contact:

Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:29 am

holty wrote:word is its something to do with the terms and conditions and 3rd party hosting violates the terms, you have to update the account to some unlimited account thats about 300 dollars, sounds like daylight robbery to me, ive posted a lot of pics, some which might help others so i am dowloading then while i can, i might try flickr instead.
I stopped using photobucket years ago when I bunch of pics just disappeared into thin air...its shite.

Been using Flickr ever since and it's always been spot on. Thoroughly recommend it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holty
registered user
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:52 pm
ebay user ID: amholt123
Main scooter: lambretta gp
Location: east yorkshire
Contact:

Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:41 am

is it possible to edit my threads and replace the photos, never done it before?

Minority
registered user
Posts: 694
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:00 pm
Main scooter: Li230 S3
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Contact:

Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:53 am

Interesting, just checked and my pics are are still up, wonder why?

User avatar
HxPaul
registered user
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:58 pm
ebay user ID: panhead_5
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150
Location: Halifax,Yorkshire
Contact:

Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:37 am

Minority wrote:Interesting, just checked and my pics are are still up, wonder why?
Mine too

holty
registered user
Posts: 874
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:52 pm
ebay user ID: amholt123
Main scooter: lambretta gp
Location: east yorkshire
Contact:

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:18 pm

it seems to be i bit random, but its happening, save your pics asap unless you have them saved already, does anyone know how to update the pics it says use the edit button on faqs but my posts dont sem to have the edit facility any one any ideas ?
ive tried sending a pm to dan but no answer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests