Your opinions welcome

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Daggs

What would you be prepared to pay for a genuine GP200 electronic frame unused, plus used bodywork, no engine.
Suede Ed
Main scooter: SIL GP200

Nova? v5?
Daggs

none of that ..................
joespeed

no numbers at all,stars.there was one sold for about £900 a few year back,the problem is the numbers and getting it registered as an innocenti scooter?
chippy

Being from the older generation and a tight Yorkshireman it always worries me when buying just a frame without any documentation. I have one on go at moment but waited until one came up with a V5 which was on sorn. Not an electronic of course. I always have this niggling issue in back of my mind what if there's a problem with dvla when registering. In your case a GP frame, would probably be £2000+ if it's an electronic. From my experience you buy each piece of bodywork 3 times trying to get a good fit and sell the other two off at a loss. I presume you want to build it as original with original bodywork so you can add a couple of thousand on. Then by time it's all finished £12,000 has disappeared. Then you take it to dvla and they say, mmmmm there's a slight problem. Anyway that's just paranoid me. Good luck in whatever you decide because if your like me you will have decided what to do already
Daggs

Cheers Chippy. I haven't decided, in fact i'm completely undecided.
For clarity; The frame is unquestionably an Innocenti GP200 electronic. It has a full number, 22/2 259XXX but NO paperwork.
I don't believe it has ever been used. It must have come over here as a replacement frame for a crash damage job, but never used. Or someone found it and wisely tucked it away. It's Ochre, but has been over-painted with grey primer. Not sure why? Maybe to help protect it.
If I were to buy it? It would have to be built as original as possible, to do it justice. This is my concern. The seller wants way more than £2K. Though he is supplying most of the major components too.
chippy

It's definitely something that doesn't come up very often and when you consider people are asking 7 and 8 thousand for a GP 200 an electronic is far more exclusive. If you can get decent bodywork with it you will always have an investment as prices continue to rise. I got a Spanish Li frame this time and altered the fork stem to use GP bodywork as even Indian frames are rising in price and for what I wanted to do it was just a waste. If you go ahead it would be nice if you could post the progress from time to time
bristolmod
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175 S3- what else!
Location: Bali-Hai bar, Locarno Ballroom Bristol, 1967!- mines a Brown Split!!

if its going to sway your judgement Andy- I have NO GP spares!!

Good Luck

Chris
Scootering since 1968.
joespeed

so it has a number then you can apply for a dating letter and then the v5,no problem but the price might be andy ,lots of good spares still available,
good luck with your choice!
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

I would guess depending on the body work supplied £5k plus...for something quite rare..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information