D**khead on the phone.

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

Go & do the b@5t@rds motor !
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

gaz_powell wrote:It's an "accident" that's not your fault, go straight to a decent bike friendly solicitor and tell them exactly what happened - they'll happily go for it and go after the wan%er - using a phone while driving was the cause of this ad that is illegal, it might be your word against his but the solicitor will get to the bottom and will involve the police (if necessary).
A bike friendly solicitor will love this!
Good luck
This.
Donnie.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

thats very annoying, hope he is ok, i had a woman crash into the rear of my little van a couple of years ago, she admitted it was her fault, her insurance co repaired my van ok, but when i claimed for time i had of work she chainged her story, in the end i had to go to court, lucky for me the judge managed to see through her lies, just goes to show that even when you have done nothing wrong it can be hard to prove that your an innocent party, hope it all goes ok.
holty
chippy

saw on news this morning North Yorkshire police using an artic lorry to catch motorists on phones. got 4 in first hour and half
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

chippy wrote:saw on news this morning North Yorkshire police using an artic lorry to catch motorists on phones. got 4 in first hour and half
Seen this on the TV before, amazes me that there was a recent change in the law on using mobile phones whilst driving and a lot of publicity but when there's an accident as a result of phone use the police aren't interested. I get why, cuts and no time for the paperwork, etc. but I'd push it, next time it could result in a fatality
Muttley McLadd

Burnside wrote:
Seen this on the TV before, amazes me that there was a recent change in the law on using mobile phones whilst driving and a lot of publicity but when there's an accident as a result of phone use the police aren't interested. I get why, cuts and no time for the paperwork, etc. but I'd push it, next time it could result in a fatality
They've always got some excuse. Not using your phone is the law. If it's too much hassle for them to bother, they shouldn't have been so keen to get the law made in the first place.
CakeAndArseParty
ForemanBob
Main scooter: GP RT230

chippy wrote:saw on news this morning North Yorkshire police using an artic lorry to catch motorists on phones. got 4 in first hour and half
Saw them on the A1 last Wednesday (Just north of Wetherby) Great to see them taking positive action
coaster

Policing has gone to pot over recent years, too much reliance on cameras that are good for collecting revenue and producing meaningless statistics but absolutely useless for catching the mobile users or any other form of motoring offences like lane hogging/hopping. More police out on the road needed in my view.
dirtyhandslopez

coaster wrote: More police out on the road needed in my view.

I have to disagree.

That might depend on how fast you want to go in a given location.

Yes, riding is getting more dangerous because of phone users, duck an' dive is all you can do. Police won't be everywhere to catch peeps on phones no matter how many more police are put out on the road.
That's not going anywhere...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information