SIP Performer Tyres?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Lamaddict

I've put two on front and back. The front feels a bit twitchy, any other feedback on SIP Performers?
Daggs

Possibly putting two on the front has caused the problem.................................... :)
gaz_powell

Probably just want bedding in, but check wheel nuts, hub nut, bearings, rim condition etc
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Tyre on the right way....?
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

I was looking at those, might try them next. They seem to have it all, high speed rating, reinforced 245kg load capacity and as cheap as chips....so what's the catch I'm wondering?
GFlint
Main scooter: Vespa PX200

Scooterdude wrote:I was looking at those, might try them next. They seem to have it all, high speed rating, reinforced 245kg load capacity and as cheap as chips....so what's the catch I'm wondering?
They are a little faster wearing than other harder tyres but great all rounders IMHO
Gary
If you don't tinker, you won't learn anything, but you won't break anything either :)
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

They are okay for the price. They are not reinforced sidewalls though but I'd still use them again.
Knowledge
Dealer
Main scooter: GP

Did these tyres get a good review from young Jordan in a recent Scootering? I think they were Jordan's surprise package out of the tyres tested.

Is there anyone in the UK selling these tyres, or can you only get them from SIP direct?

I'm thinking about using them for the run to Italy, so wear is an important consideration.
Martin
johnd
Main scooter: 1970 Dl125

Made by Vee rubber always put me off. But I've never fully road tested a set.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Knowledge wrote:Did these tyres get a good review from young Jordan in a recent Scootering? I think they were Jordan's surprise package out of the tyres tested.

Is there anyone in the UK selling these tyres, or can you only get them from SIP direct?

I'm thinking about using them for the run to Italy, so wear is an important consideration.
They are listed on the MBsite for £23 quid odd each, not sure how much shipping is though. Weather they actually do have them or not is another thing, it is scooter related after all..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information