SIP Performer Tyres?

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
gtwildcat
Main scooter: lambretta GT200

I had some K61s o my GT225 and the back tyre wore out within a short period of time,soon changed back to continental twists. wear well and amazing grip
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Continentals always seem to wear well. As for the Performers I have some fitted and find them very good. I feel reasonably confident on them.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

EddieStone wrote:If any knows where to get the mud & snow city grips from in the UK? I can't find them for anywhere near the £32 RRP
I've got some pre-mounted on Sip Black with Silver lip tubeless rims, £195 for a pair inc P&P, that's £21 discount from my website price. I think I've got some tyres too but better check before quoting a competitive price.

Over the years I've had my good pal Wellerchap test quite a few different tyres as he rode 365 a year through whatever the UK weather could throw at him. He loved the Michelin City Winter grip tyres and got mileage out of them that was unheard of for me, over 3K on the rear, then he swapped front & rear round for even more miles.
Jay71
Main scooter: SIL GP200

Good tyre in the dry but not much fun in the wet. Should call them SLIP performers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
john.t5

I only got about 100 miles on my T5 rear and second the comments about being a bit twitchy in the wet. Wasp Performance do performers at a decent price.

I've just put Pirelli SL26 on my series 2 and they feel good, bought from https://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/ where they have a great selection and very good prices, also have a test diagram for each tyre although not necessarily tested on a scooter. The Pirellis seemed to offer good performance all round, particularly in the wet.

£46 for 2 delivered to Northern Ireland can't be bad.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information